Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, August 6th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Aug 5 2014, 11:09 PM (8,267 Views)
mer4santo
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Aug 6 2014, 08:17 PM
I was completely amused by Rafe and Sami today. Here's Sami expecting Rafe to have been on the outskirts just waiting for her to discover (again) that Rafe was right all along and Ej isn't the man she thought he was. She runs through their history basically calling out all the ways Rafe has been her rock to remind him of their bond. Meanwhile we see Rafe taking stock of all those moments of dedication, but not in the way Sami was expecting. His face shows he knows all their history doesn't change where they are today. His eyes are open and he's not going back to repeat the inevitable cycle. Sami was completely self-centered and delusional and Rafe set her right. It was wonderful.

Of course she's going to be miffed that Rafe might actually have another plan for his life other than her and she played that just as I would expect Sami to. The very best part for me was Rafe's parting shot of how despite Sami's choice all he's wanted is her happiness. What a guy! I can only hope that before Sami exits that she return the courtesy and does the right thing for this man whose list of support she gave voice to today. Sami owes it to Rafe to let him know that Kate has had it out for Jordan and that Kate's goal has been, since the beginning, to destroy his relationship. I'd like to see Safe end on a note of respect.

Ben is one fierce guy! I was so excited that he tried to cut Clyde off and push him away. He didn't fall for any of Clyde's sweet talk manipulation and he told Abby to not be influenced by it either. Abby annoyed me the way she went around Ben to introduce herself to Clyde. She may feel as though she's trying to help mend fences, but she doesn't know any of their history and needs to respect Ben's warnings. Eight years of running Abby. It was BAD. I do fear that Clyde is going to try again to win Abby over and she's going to fall for it.

It felt good to see Rafe get punched by Ben. I needed to see someone slug him for being an ass and who better than Jordan's little brother?! Finally the show gives Rafe some lines and direction to show us Jordan matters to him. I still can't believe they never gave him a remorseful moment right after his screw up. Big mistake. But, at least Rafe's intent on tracking Jordan down now and pleading her forgiveness. Looking forward to this scene picking up tomorrow.

Speaking of rumbles, Jordan got a beauty of a slap on Kate. I think the force of it actually caught Kate by surprise. That Kate, she's a wicked one, suggesting Rafe sought her out because he remembered how they were before and that Jordan isn't woman enough to satisfy a man. Nasty, nasty! We know all that gets in Jordan's head and screws her up. I do think it laughable that Kate made the comment of Jordan knowing she's not good enough for Rafe - again messing with her head, but Kate really?! As if you are Rafe's perfect match? :rolleyes:

Ej and Victor! I'm in. I like seeing the business side of Victor and I thought it very big of him to warn Ej about getting involved with the shady men. I didn't see this route coming and it's captured my interest now that we know Clyde is involved in meth. It's going to get messy and I like the potential.

Side note - Was anyone else hoping that Jordan was going to somehow cause Kate's cup of coffee to go all over her white outfit? Kinda disappointed it didn't.

Maybe Abby will see the good in Clyde then hop into bed with him to get him on the road to redemption! He's totally in her attraction demographic!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BigFat Irish Head
Member Avatar

Restless84
Aug 6 2014, 01:05 PM
I thought today was quite good. They are really starting to move forward with Clyde's story with Jordan and Ben. The possible connection with Victor's and EJ's business (drugs) has me intrigued.

I'm really rooting for Jafe as a couple. Kate is such a witch and Sami is just delusional.

Rafe was on fire today. Even his conversation with my girl Abigail had me cracking up "No offense, but I don't care what you think." :blulaugh:

Poor Abigail was in pajama pants. Is that what is really in style?
Apparently, yes. I've seen a couple of 20-somethings at work wearing something like that and we were wondering why they had pajama pants on.

daysmemories
Member Avatar

Kaha
Aug 6 2014, 11:37 PM
AmbernOK
Aug 6 2014, 11:25 PM
jendays
Aug 6 2014, 10:19 PM
Aya
Aug 6 2014, 12:41 PM
EJ cheated on her
Rafe brutally turned her down
Looks like Lucas will be the next ghost getting some screen time for the nex episode of A Sami Carol
NEXT, Lucas.. I bet he turns her down also. You can only screw them so many times before they learn. Sami you have run out of chances...
Hopefully DAYS is saving the best for last with Lumi!! A girl can dream!!
I think Sami shares more of an emotional connection with Lucas. With Rafe it's her vanity and sense of obligation and probably remorse.

The way this storyline is so fucked up, I don't expect much from the writers, but I am hoping for a Sami and Lucas emotional scene before Sami leaves Salem. Imma need from Lucas not to be an ass to her tho. I want him to show her loads of compassion. If Lucas can live with all the crap that his mom pulled through the years, then he can see beyond Sami's crazy revenge. I want him to talk some sense into her.
I think that is exactly how Lucas will be towards her in the end. Afterall he's always been there for her and the one man that showed the most love towards her.

concerned
Member Avatar

daysmemories
Aug 7 2014, 02:32 AM
Kaha
AmbernOK
jendays

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I think Sami shares more of an emotional connection with Lucas. With Rafe it's her vanity and sense of obligation and probably remorse.

The way this storyline is so fucked up, I don't expect much from the writers, but I am hoping for a Sami and Lucas emotional scene before Sami leaves Salem. Imma need from Lucas not to be an ass to her tho. I want him to show her loads of compassion. If Lucas can live with all the crap that his mom pulled through the years, then he can see beyond Sami's crazy revenge. I want him to talk some sense into her.
I think that is exactly how Lucas will be towards her in the end. Afterall he's always been there for her and the one man that showed the most love towards her.
and what has he got to show for it......

concerned
Member Avatar

I'll be happy when Lucas is freed from Sami he deserves better.

S loves EJ

gailwinters
Aug 6 2014, 08:41 PM
James apparently appreciated sharing scenes with someone not in the kiddie pool. He and John A were fun to watch today.

I think if there's a drug related death in the future for EJ, it will involve the guys whose names Victor will give him. I would bet that Celestin Cornielle's character, is one of them.

I would think he prefers taking a kiddie shower over talking to Victor.

concerned
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Aug 7 2014, 04:32 AM
gailwinters
James apparently appreciated sharing scenes with someone not in the kiddie pool. He and John A were fun to watch today.

I think if there's a drug related death in the future for EJ, it will involve the guys whose names Victor will give him. I would bet that Celestin Cornielle's character, is one of them.

You forget he's really just a grumpy old man in a hot body.

DOOLette
Member Avatar

concerned
Aug 6 2014, 03:38 PM
LuvingLumi
Aug 6 2014, 01:40 PM
daysjahvu
Aug 6 2014, 01:29 PM
PALMommy
Aug 6 2014, 01:11 PM

Spoiler: click to toggle

Spoiler: click to toggle
I have a funny feeling that his death will come from Ej's own alliance with Victor and the clyde connection more than anything. I'm not discounting Stefano and maybe that was the original plan but with JM clearly not there as much as they would have wanted him to be there for this story, IMHO the change of plans with Jordan's story was that they probably wanted to bring in a bad guy to be the catalyst in her story and it could also string in Ej's exit story too....

Clearly Clyde is in the meth business, clearly Ej will somehow be involved in that and I don't doubt that Victor can step aside at just the right moment and have EJ take the brunt of the problem head on.
Yeahhhhh. No not really the most exciting death for Elvis.

Death by random newbie.

I've got a whole list of people I'd rather see him killed by and it includes both Harold and Mary.

DING DING DING!!!! :)

AS far as I'm "concerned", this is the post of the day!

S loves EJ

concerned
Aug 7 2014, 04:34 AM
S loves EJ
Aug 7 2014, 04:32 AM
gailwinters

You forget he's really just a grumpy old man in a hot body.

Maybe that would go for EJ but not James, but even grumpy old EJ thought it was lovely.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Aug 7 2014, 12:31 AM
Hamilton
Aug 6 2014, 08:17 PM
I was completely amused by Rafe and Sami today. Here's Sami expecting Rafe to have been on the outskirts just waiting for her to discover (again) that Rafe was right all along and Ej isn't the man she thought he was. She runs through their history basically calling out all the ways Rafe has been her rock to remind him of their bond. Meanwhile we see Rafe taking stock of all those moments of dedication, but not in the way Sami was expecting. His face shows he knows all their history doesn't change where they are today. His eyes are open and he's not going back to repeat the inevitable cycle. Sami was completely self-centered and delusional and Rafe set her right. It was wonderful.

Of course she's going to be miffed that Rafe might actually have another plan for his life other than her and she played that just as I would expect Sami to. The very best part for me was Rafe's parting shot of how despite Sami's choice all he's wanted is her happiness. What a guy! I can only hope that before Sami exits that she return the courtesy and does the right thing for this man whose list of support she gave voice to today. Sami owes it to Rafe to let him know that Kate has had it out for Jordan and that Kate's goal has been, since the beginning, to destroy his relationship. I'd like to see Safe end on a note of respect.

Ben is one fierce guy! I was so excited that he tried to cut Clyde off and push him away. He didn't fall for any of Clyde's sweet talk manipulation and he told Abby to not be influenced by it either. Abby annoyed me the way she went around Ben to introduce herself to Clyde. She may feel as though she's trying to help mend fences, but she doesn't know any of their history and needs to respect Ben's warnings. Eight years of running Abby. It was BAD. I do fear that Clyde is going to try again to win Abby over and she's going to fall for it.

It felt good to see Rafe get punched by Ben. I needed to see someone slug him for being an ass and who better than Jordan's little brother?! Finally the show gives Rafe some lines and direction to show us Jordan matters to him. I still can't believe they never gave him a remorseful moment right after his screw up. Big mistake. But, at least Rafe's intent on tracking Jordan down now and pleading her forgiveness. Looking forward to this scene picking up tomorrow.

Speaking of rumbles, Jordan got a beauty of a slap on Kate. I think the force of it actually caught Kate by surprise. That Kate, she's a wicked one, suggesting Rafe sought her out because he remembered how they were before and that Jordan isn't woman enough to satisfy a man. Nasty, nasty! We know all that gets in Jordan's head and screws her up. I do think it laughable that Kate made the comment of Jordan knowing she's not good enough for Rafe - again messing with her head, but Kate really?! As if you are Rafe's perfect match? :rolleyes:

Ej and Victor! I'm in. I like seeing the business side of Victor and I thought it very big of him to warn Ej about getting involved with the shady men. I didn't see this route coming and it's captured my interest now that we know Clyde is involved in meth. It's going to get messy and I like the potential.

Side note - Was anyone else hoping that Jordan was going to somehow cause Kate's cup of coffee to go all over her white outfit? Kinda disappointed it didn't.

Maybe Abby will see the good in Clyde then hop into bed with him to get him on the road to redemption! He's totally in her attraction demographic!
Ha ha ha this is so true match in heaven :) either Clyde or Daniel should be miss cream cheese next target.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

daysjahvu
Aug 6 2014, 03:16 PM
The Scorpion
Aug 6 2014, 02:56 PM
The dialogue that Victor and EJ shows that something will happen EJ. Anyway liked their scenes got me thinking about how important it is with the right characters in scenes for me to find something of interest. Instead, they have EJ wasted on teenagers or rather lame once so often. Sami was wtf and I agree with Rafe and it's probably the first time :), she has lost her fucking mind.

I must say one more thing I miss Stefano he should be in this carousel with EJ, Sami and Kate and Kristen and I wonder she has no opinion on Dimera enterprice? it is still her family's assets and her legacy. It would have been more exciting with family battle Instead they have wasted her on Daniel ?? Wtf

I think the writers missed to tell an exciting story here :)
It's been downhill for Sami & EJ ever since TPTB got them involved with the Scooby Doo gang in spring of 2013. I get Sami asking EJ to take care of Nick. I don't get EJ needing help from anyone to do just that. And then TPTB go and do it all over again this year.

And don't even get me started about wasting ED's talent & Kristen's special brand of crazy on Dr. Tan.
Yes downhill is right :) It's a shame to see characters who spice up the screen and can bring a lot of exciting stuff being wasted on stories and characters who add nada. Maybe it's because it's a Daytime soap and an ensemble cast everyone must have their screen time and so on. Whatever as long they can not create and write interesting characters so it will only go downhill. No wonder people abandon Daytime soaps.

Kinay

daysmemories
Kaha
AmbernOK
jendays

Poor Lucas, he has to be the most put upon guy in Salem. Not only does he have a ruthless and crazy mother he also has been used over and over by Sami yet still manages to be the only person either one can depend on to forgive and overlook their long list of transgressions. Both have sabotaged every relationship he's ever been in without a care for him or his happiness but he's there for them when they screw up their own lives. I would love to see Lucas stand up to those two bitches once and for all and really mean it.
Edited by Kinay, Aug 7 2014, 08:01 AM.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

Kinay
Aug 7 2014, 06:29 AM
daysmemories
Kaha
AmbernOK

Poor Lucas, he has to be the most put upon guy in Salem. Not only does he have a ruthless and crazy mother he also has been used over and over by Sami yet still manages to be the only person either one can depend on to forgive and overlook their long list of transgressions. Both have sabotaged every relationship he's ever been without a care for him or his happiness but he's there for them when they screw up their own lives. I would love to see Lucas stand up to those two bitches once and for all and really mean it.
Wait a minute, Kate is his mother and Lucas have well still a soft spot for Sami? and one more thing Lucas is barely on screen? this happening is not likely. I would definitely think it was cool to see more Lucas on stage but apparently Days has a love affair with Daniel and Jennifer and so on which is laughable because they are not a kind of characters that I think should be on 24/7 but this is only my opinion.

Kinay

The Scorpion
Aug 7 2014, 07:08 AM
Kinay
Aug 7 2014, 06:29 AM
daysmemories
Kaha

Poor Lucas, he has to be the most put upon guy in Salem. Not only does he have a ruthless and crazy mother he also has been used over and over by Sami yet still manages to be the only person either one can depend on to forgive and overlook their long list of transgressions. Both have sabotaged every relationship he's ever been without a care for him or his happiness but he's there for them when they screw up their own lives. I would love to see Lucas stand up to those two bitches once and for all and really mean it.
Wait a minute, Kate is his mother and Lucas have well still a soft spot for Sami? and one more thing Lucas is barely on screen? this happening is not likely. I would definitely think it was cool to see more Lucas on stage but apparently Days has a love affair with Daniel and Jennifer and so on which is laughable because they are not a kind of characters that I think should be on 24/7 but this is only my opinion.
I agree that we don't see enough of Lucas but I wish when he does have a story that it wasn't to have his heart stomped upon by Sami or by some scheme his mother cooked up. I want to see him find someone and have a relationship that his mother or Sami can't destroy. If Sami goes sucking up to him like she did Rafe, I want Lucas to rip into her and walk away from her for good. Take Allie while he's at it, the forgotten child.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

A meth storyline? Really? As if it couldn't have gotten any worse...

BeeBee
Member Avatar

BigFat Irish Head
Aug 7 2014, 01:06 AM
Restless84
I thought today was quite good. They are really starting to move forward with Clyde's story with Jordan and Ben. The possible connection with Victor's and EJ's business (drugs) has me intrigued.

I'm really rooting for Jafe as a couple. Kate is such a witch and Sami is just delusional.

Rafe was on fire today. Even his conversation with my girl Abigail had me cracking up "No offense, but I don't care what you think." :blulaugh:

Apparently, yes. I've seen a couple of 20-somethings at work wearing something like that and we were wondering why they had pajama pants on.
I haven't seen anyone wearing pants like those Abby is wearing.Since you have seen them I was wondering if the patterns are as busy as the pattern of pants Abby is wearing?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Aug 7 2014, 01:33 PM
BigFat Irish Head
Restless84

I haven't seen anyone wearing pants like those Abby is wearing.Since you have seen them I was wondering if the patterns are as busy as the pattern of pants Abby is wearing?
I couldn't see them very clearly on my screen, but they're palazzo pants, yes?

http://www.google.com/search?q=palazzo+pants&client=safari&rls=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=EcnjU-CpG8nvoASpm4GQBg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg&biw=1035&bih=633

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Kaha
AmbernOK
jendays
Aya
Aug 6 2014, 12:41 PM
EJ cheated on her
Rafe brutally turned her down
Looks like Lucas will be the next ghost getting some screen time for the nex episode of A Sami Carol
NEXT, Lucas.. I bet he turns her down also. You can only screw them so many times before they learn. Sami you have run out of chances...

It pretty much the third week of no lucas I think it either Lucas be ignored and we get no reaction or they writers plan somethin storywise
And Sami can not pull to lucas what she did Adrianne lucas was cheated on more once he forgave to Austin and Carrie Eric he nearly forgave Chloe until he find she told Nicole about Sami having ej baby
With Nicole and Daniel he other issues
Edited by Partnersincrime, Aug 8 2014, 12:42 AM.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 7 2014, 01:45 PM
BeeBee
BigFat Irish Head
Restless84

http://www.google.com/search?q=palazzo+pants&client=safari&rls=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=EcnjU-CpG8nvoASpm4GQBg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg&biw=1035&bih=633
An embarassment of riches.Thanks for the link.I think palazzo pants were in in the 1980s or 1990's,I can't remember.I didn't know they were making a comeback.What was old is new again.

Edit:Naturally Days found the ugliest pair in existence.
Edited by BeeBee, Aug 7 2014, 11:57 PM.

daysjahvu
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Aug 7 2014, 11:56 PM
lysie
Aug 7 2014, 01:45 PM
BeeBee
BigFat Irish Head

An embarassment of riches.Thanks for the link.I think palazzo pants were in in the 1980s or 1990's,I can't remember.I didn't know they were making a comeback.What was old is new again.

Edit:Naturally Days found the ugliest pair in existence.
Of course they did. Sami is running around in the ugliest dress in existence and Will generally wears the ugliest shirt in existence, so Abby gets the ugliest pants this week.

Who will get the privilege next week? Tune in to see. ;)
Edited by daysjahvu, Aug 8 2014, 12:20 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply