Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, August 7th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Aug 6 2014, 10:01 PM (10,939 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Discuss!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

In looking for that clip I struck GOLD....... @ 6:15

Spoiler: click to toggle

Sariah
Member Avatar

I just watched a few episodes all at once and I'm wondering why it is that the show spent more time and effort (and possibly money) on Daniel's storage closet than they did on the gala. Or Vegas.

lysie
Member Avatar

concerned
Aug 6 2014, 10:16 PM

OMG. WE'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THAT FOR YEARS!

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Sariah
Aug 6 2014, 10:17 PM
I just watched a few episodes all at once and I'm wondering why it is that the show spent more time and effort (and possibly money) on Daniel's storage closet than they did on the gala. Or Vegas.

Isn't Daniel's storage closet the same one they used for EJabby's hospital storage room sex scenes?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

peaches179

concerned

:roflol: :roflol:

am103
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Aug 6 2014, 10:22 PM
Sariah
Aug 6 2014, 10:17 PM

Isn't Daniel's storage closet the same one they used for EJabby's hospital storage room sex scenes?
Probably. Almost every set we see is just a re-dress of another set. However, I try to keep my complaints about the sets to a minimum because I'm still so grateful for every day we get to see the Horton House, especially since they were initially planning to tear it down after Alice's memorial. That set pops up on my TV screen, and I know at least one thing is right in the world.

ShaneDOOLFan

Horrible time for the show.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

concerned

I tried to find that clip a few months ago! I like how it's neatly hidden away in this, lol.

jwsel
Member Avatar

Spencer Hastings
Aug 6 2014, 10:55 PM
concerned

I tried to find that clip a few months ago! I like how it's neatly hidden away in this, lol.
Why couldn't it have stayed hidden? Forever.

There is not enough brain-bleach in the universe to erase that.

nananana7
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 6 2014, 10:01 PM
Posted Image

Discuss!

I gather this is Tek, Roman, and some other cops. What are they shooting at?

james0479
Member Avatar

I'm watchin that clip thinking "Ok...this is kinda boring so what is everyone referring?" The second *that* scene started over midway, I said "Oh my God. NO!" Lol!!! Ugh....it's so ridiculous it's hilarious. While I remember it, I still don't know WHY that happened and I don't need to know. I need a heavy bar of soap and a scalding rinse.

BuickMackane

This morning I have a laundry list of things I need to vent about...

With all this talk of how the Dimera children are being hurt by EJ and Sami's sham wedding, whatever happened to Johnny having his eye removed due to cancer? Is that like Philip Kiriakis conveniently regrowing his amputated leg (how the women in his life still found him sexually attractive as an amputee without ever showing any hesitation or squeamishness was a lost opportunity for a storyline, especially now that they keep talking about donating money to wounded veterans).

As for the exit storyline for the characters of EJ and Sami, things got off to a great start but deteriorated quickly. I can't believe that Sami, a character who has been on the show over 20 years, is going to depart in such a lame manner as depicted in her conversation with Rafe. And EJ is suddenly so hard-up for cash that he's asking Victor to hook him up with shady characters (coincidentally as two apparent meth dealers from Missouri just happen to be newly-arrived in Salem)? I have a hard time with this whole divestiture of the Dimera Enterprises subplot -- it's just not credible. Surely the Dimeras have had so much old-line money stored in offshore accounts for decades that they don't need to get their hands dirty with actual drug deals at this late stage in the family's history. Why do they have EJ involved with local pushers when he probably could just liquidate a private island or two? When they killed off Arianna Hernandez because of EJ's drug deals, it confused me then and it makes even less sense now in the way EJ is now being written out. I just can't fathom that so much hoopla was made over how EJ and Sami would leave, only to discover it's turning into more of a whimper than a bang.

And why does Will *have* to write his expose of the drama at Dimera Enterprises? Are there truly no other writing gigs in the universe? Sonny's right; it's stupid. Will should just go back to blogging and changing diapers during this part of the story. People complain that Will and Sonny are boring, but I like them that way. It's enjoyable that, out of all the households in town, the gay couple has the most stable marriage in Salem. I don't like Will locking horns with Sami lately at all; it doesn't add anything to Sami's exit story and I hate the discord it causes between him and Sonny.

The convergence of Clyde, Ben and Abigail is the thing that interests me the most right now. I don't like the new Ben because he's just too modelish and sculpted-looking for the part; it's distracting because all I do is look at his perfect eyebrows and those strange shirts he wears that accentuate his pecs and ponder the extreme measures this character has gone to in order to hide his Ozark origins. He makes more sense as the Miami metrosexual that Paige remembers running into down there. NuBen fits in as an appearance-conscious guy who would work at the curious cafe/nightclub/banquet hall mashup that is Club TBD, but this whole thing of being tortured and overwrought by the mere sight of Clyde just isn't coming off well. But what exactly is on Clyde's mind when he looks at Abigail? Is he just a horny old man or a real sexual predator? Does he want to inflict more hurt his son by going after Ben's "conquest"? Is Clyde so evil that he deals in human trafficking? Are we about to see Abigail kidnapped and sold off to a mountain biker gang? Where is all this going???

Speaking of Abigail, I am still wondering if the surprise twist in EJ's exit storyline is that it isn't truly over between EJ and Abigail after all. The last scene they had together, I thought there was some foreshadowing. Might they not decide that since Sami's so irreversibly angry with the two of them, they might as well just keep hooking up anyway?

And last but not least, they have destroyed any hope for getting Eric and Nicole back on track. How hypocritical would it be for Eric to accept the Vatican cardinal's decision to return to the priesthood when -- the Kristen episode of being drugged and raped aside -- Eric willingly abandoned his "let's wait for marriage" schtick and jumped in bed with Nicole after he was defrocked? Nicole is very open about her character flaws, but Eric has become despicably tiresome and sanctimonious. He's too conflicted to be a decent priest any more and he's too bitter to have any real future with Nicole. Supercouple destroyed, now just a yawnfest here.

OK, done venting -- everyone have a great morning!

Rosebud
Member Avatar

concerned

I had never seen that and I'm so very sorry now that I finally did see it. :x

blueskies
Member Avatar

concerned

I'm not sure that's the word I'd use. Disturbing might be a better one!

In other news, KA looks great. And now I want to watch the rest of the Zack storyline again.

GoJimmie48

Spoilers say Sonny has a secret, does anyone know what that may be?

Honeybees
Member Avatar

GoJimmie48
Aug 7 2014, 06:16 AM
I'm guessing his secret is that he hooked up Will with his Mommie Dearest/The Liar's Club gig at the magazine.

If you've never read The Liar's Club, it's a more literary crazy mother memoir by a woman named Mary Karr. I saw her at a book signing and someone asked her if her mother knew she was writing the book. Mary said she told her mom, and her mom patted her on the shoulder and said "Just get it of your chest, hon." Three million or so copies later, her mom rethought that remark! I would love it if Will had told Sami about the article and she just arrogantly assumed it would be positive. That would be more interesting.

Won't be recapping today. On my way to Montreal! Business trip.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Aug 7 2014, 06:47 AM
GoJimmie48
Aug 7 2014, 06:16 AM
I'm guessing his secret is that he hooked up Will with his Mommie Dearest/The Liar's Club gig at the magazine.

If you've never read The Liar's Club, it's a more literary crazy mother memoir by a woman named Mary Karr. I saw her at a book signing and someone asked her if her mother knew she was writing the book. Mary said she told her mom, and her mom patted her on the shoulder and said "Just get it of your chest, hon." Three million or so copies later, her mom rethought that remark! I would love it if Will had told Sami about the article and she just arrogantly assumed it would be positive. That would be more interesting.

Won't be recapping today. On my way to Montreal! Business trip.
Have fun in Montreal (even if it's a business trip). If you get a chance, you should visit Schwartz's - best smoked meat in town.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Aiden (& Hope) should be on today. YAY! :)

Laura B
Member Avatar

concerned

My eyes! (Not Abe's) Nicole/Roman and Lucas with that facial hair all in one clip :yuk:
Though, it does make me want to watch the Zack s/l again.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply