Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, August 8th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Aug 7 2014, 11:27 PM (9,160 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Discuss!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Actors hobnobbing with the network exec in charge of daytime programming, Sheraton Kalouria.

am103
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 7 2014, 11:27 PM
Posted Image

Discuss!
Am I the only one who thought Matt Ashford and Julie Pinson would have been totally HOT together? I remember supporting a Jack/Billie hook-up during the time Jennifer and Frankie were getting close again.
Edited by am103, Aug 8 2014, 12:13 AM.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Fauxlip. Blech.

BuickMackane

Before anything else today, can we address the discrepancy of Eve's multiple surnames? Why did she become Daniel's patient as "Eve Baron"? Everyone around Salem is accustomed to referring to her as her original name of "Eve Donovan." However, the writers have shifted to the surname of "Larson" to align her with Paige. Is she next going to become "Eve Devereaux" in order to reinforce her brief marriage to Jack? They've only briefly touched on Eve's singing career this time around, and how she has nodes that prevent her from performing. Is her stage name Baron or something? This continuous inconsistency is just so damned annoying -- I hate when the writers shove shifting surnames down our throats!
Edited by BuickMackane, Aug 8 2014, 03:52 AM.

james0479
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 7 2014, 11:27 PM
Posted Image

Discuss!
It's almost a shame what happened to Farah Fath. When she started on the show as the cute real looking girlfriend of Belle she seemed so sweet and excited to be there....fast forward some years, the show builds a family around her, she's getting big stories and near the end of her run and after she starts being nasty in comments online and just seemed to really get too big for her girdle. Either some real stuff went on behind the scenes or something cuz she just got real talkly real quick. As for the character she played, Mimi Lockhart, I liked her for about the first 2 years or so and then it went kaput. I still forget how she left the show but by then I was ready for it. What I wasn't ready for was the dismissal of Shawn and Belle, especially Belle. There's that famous funny/sad story where Martha Madison (Belle) and Brandon Beemer (NuShawn) were called "upstairs" to the big dogs office and Martha stated (paraphrasing) "We were going upstairs and I told Brandon, watch them tell us they are letting us go! (Basically in a sarcastic way) and sure as shit they let them go! I assumed they were giving those characters a rest for whatever reason but it baffles my precious little mind they've yet to brig them back in any capacity. #JusticeForMartha

james0479
Member Avatar

BuickMackane
Aug 8 2014, 03:50 AM
Before anything else today, can we address the discrepancy of Eve's multiple surnames? Why did she become Daniel's patient as "Eve Baron"? Everyone around Salem is accustomed to referring to her as her original name of "Eve Donovan." However, the writers have shifted to the surname of "Larson" to align her with Paige. Is she next going to become "Eve Devereaux" in order to reinforce her brief marriage to Jack? They've only briefly touched on Eve's singing career this time around, and how she has nodes that prevent her from performing. Is her stage name Baron or something? This continuous inconsistency is just so damned annoying -- I hate when the writers shove shifting surnames down our throats!
I've wondered about this too but assumed I missed something, although I do pay attention to Eve scenes because I freaking looooove how Kassie plays her. We have Donovan, Baron and Larson....has Eve been married twice since she left Salem? Or is one a stage name? It would be nice to know. If she's been married twice since leaving town...one to a Baron and one to a Larson, that could potentially create some conflict down the line if Mr Baron and/or Mr Larson return to stir up some dust. I'm assuming that may be the case but hopefully the writers will let us in on it. Surely the script writers at least have noticed this.

Also, regarding Eve....is she famous in any capacity? Her singing seems to mean alot to her and she's having this surgery for her nodules. (I don't know why the word nodules makes me giggle). Does she just sing in the shower or is she a known singer? It could be cool if she was somewhat famous since it's been a long time that's happened here. They had opportunity to say what level her singing career or non career is in when she first came on discussing the surgery. Who knows. Apparently not the ones watching the show. Lol.

Marlene

Help me clear a few cobwebs. When Eve first arrived on the scene, did we know she was Shane's daughter? Did she know? Did he know? What name was she using then? Was it Baron? I'm totally blank.

Matt? Jason?? Help!!!!

Yoryla
Member Avatar

It's a Kristen day today!!! :cheer:

Marlene

Well, I may have answered part of my own question. According to Soap Central, Baron was the name Eve used when she first came to Salem in 1987.

http://www.soapcentral.com/days/whoswho/eve.php

james0479
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Aug 8 2014, 06:35 AM
Yay!!!! I'm sooooo ready for her to get her sexy butt back in Salem. I really wasn't expecting the Daniel stuff to last so long. It's tired. Lets get this show on the road!

james0479
Member Avatar

Marlene
Aug 8 2014, 07:02 AM
Well, I may have answered part of my own question. According to Soap Central, Baron was the name Eve used when she first came to Salem in 1987.

http://www.soapcentral.com/days/whoswho/eve.php
Ahhhhh. I did not know that! Ok...well that helps the Baron part. Thank you ;)

Dutch19
Member Avatar

am103
Aug 8 2014, 12:13 AM
Am I the only one who thought Matt Ashford and Julie Pinson would have been totally HOT together? I remember supporting a Jack/Billie hook-up during the time Jennifer and Frankie were getting close again.
Never considered that, but that could've been cute! Makes me remember how Steve called Jack "Billy Jack" (because Billy was Jack's birth name, right?), and we could've had fun with Steve addressing "Billie Billy Jack" or "Billy Jack Billie." :blulaugh:

Is today the day Kristen finally comes to Salem? Really hope we can get some Kristen-Sami confrontation as Kristen defends her brother.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Dutch19
Aug 8 2014, 07:41 AM
am103
Never considered that, but that could've been cute! Makes me remember how Steve called Jack "Billy Jack" (because Billy was Jack's birth name, right?), and we could've had fun with Steve addressing "Billie Billy Jack" or "Billy Jack Billie." :blulaugh:

Is today the day Kristen finally comes to Salem? Really hope we can get some Kristen-Sami confrontation as Kristen defends her brother.
I don't think till next week but she's on today so the storyline will move forward at least!

LastLicks
Member Avatar

Dutch19
Aug 8 2014, 07:41 AM
am103

Hahah, I always like to call them "Billy and Billie" myself. I really enjoyed their early hi-jinks and couldn't see them as anything but friends with Lisa Rinna's version, but I was all for a hook-up in 2006 when Missy decided to leave the show, and thought the potential was there with Julie Pinson (whom I preferred in the role towards the end). I'm fairly sure the idea was considered in the writing room, but it was ultimately decided that Jack just absolutely couldn't stay in Salem without Jennifer.

LastLicks
Member Avatar

BuickMackane
Aug 8 2014, 03:50 AM
I agree, the back and forth with Eve's many surnames is unnecessary and confusing.

Originally, she was Eve Baron before it was revealed she was actually Shane's daughter, after-which she became Eve Donovan; flash-forward: she was "Eve Baron" in Jennifer's yearbook (even though they didn't actually go to high school together). I assume the writers had her use Baron when meeting Daniel as a throwback to the character's history and with the intention of concealing her identity. They didn't want Daniel or newer viewers connecting her to Theresa off the bat, and simultaneously had everyone else (with the exception Hope) referring to her as Eve Baron. Now she's Eve Donovan again.

I can understand her not using Larson and JJ still making that connection around Paige, with sometimes referring to her as "Mrs. Larson", because he really doesn't know what else to call her, but they need to better explain what her actual name is at present and stick to that name. They need to better explain a lot.
Edited by LastLicks, Aug 8 2014, 09:37 AM.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Dontcha mean Kristen and Daniel? :yawnz:

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Member Avatar

Yoryla
As much as I want to be here for this.... for now that also means it's Daniel day. >.>

Edit: sorry I didn't notice someone already said that.
Edited by Mean, Mean, Mean!, Aug 8 2014, 09:27 AM.

tylerbo20

Tptb wanted to get rid of john/Marlena so they didn't want their daughter on screen it would be easier to get rid of them without their daughter on the show that's why gt has never brought them back as he doesn't want to write for john/Marlena instead we get Daniel and Melanie the greatest soap characters ever!!!!

LastLicks
Member Avatar

tylerbo20
Aug 8 2014, 09:28 AM
Tptb wanted to get rid of john/Marlena so they didn't want their daughter on screen it would be easier to get rid of them without their daughter on the show that's why gt has never brought them back as he doesn't want to write for john/Marlena instead we get Daniel and Melanie the greatest soap characters ever!!!!
Yeah, I don't get this. Now would be a PERFECT time to bring back Shawn and Belle considering everything going on with John, Marlena, Brady, Bo and Hope. Even for a just a short time.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply