Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD: Kristen returns to Salem
Topic Started: Aug 8 2014, 02:29 PM (2,948 Views)
DaysAddiction
Member Avatar

I like Kristen's acting but this storyline is stupid as hell lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

ShaneDOOLFan

Graceland
Aug 9 2014, 10:42 PM
Did anyone see Jason47 possibly hinting that Susan Banks could return soon on Facebook? I could see the writers going for it now that this is the final time they can do it. Eileen wants to do it. Even if it's only for a few seconds, they really should take the opportunity to have them both appear on screen together. They had Susan on the show back in 2011 played by another actress - badly. It's now or never. If that urn is any indication, perhaps Susan attends EJ's funeral. It'd be hilarious if Kristen has to confront Susan again. lol Maybe she'll visit Kristen in her jail cell.

The writers were willing to revisit Susan in a way last year with Kristen donning the teeth again. So they're good sports when it comes to breaking reality - yes, I know the show isn't realistic, but the Reilly years were nuts.
about.com has already confirmed she filmed as susan this time for ej's exit storyline. they heard from set side sources. Im hoping susan has become a little more grounded in reality over the years and they dont write her so comical.
Edited by ShaneDOOLFan, Aug 10 2014, 01:52 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

normallynorm

ShaneDOOLFan
Aug 10 2014, 01:50 PM
Graceland
Did anyone see Jason47 possibly hinting that Susan Banks could return soon on Facebook? I could see the writers going for it now that this is the final time they can do it. Eileen wants to do it. Even if it's only for a few seconds, they really should take the opportunity to have them both appear on screen together. They had Susan on the show back in 2011 played by another actress - badly. It's now or never. If that urn is any indication, perhaps Susan attends EJ's funeral. It'd be hilarious if Kristen has to confront Susan again. lol Maybe she'll visit Kristen in her jail cell.

The writers were willing to revisit Susan in a way last year with Kristen donning the teeth again. So they're good sports when it comes to breaking reality - yes, I know the show isn't realistic, but the Reilly years were nuts.
about.com has already confirmed she filmed as susan this time for ej's exit storyline. they heard from set side sources. Im hoping susan has become a little more grounded in reality over the years and they dont write her so comical.
Eww, I disagree! A "grounded in reality" Susan would be awful to see. She is a comical character and Days needs more characters like that. She'd better damn well utter her catch phrase "mean, mean, mean"!

BTW, when did about.com confirm the return of Susan? I did a quick google search but couldn't find anything. If she's returning for EJ's exit, does this mean she won't appear til late October-early November? If that's the case, it means I probably won't be watching Days again until the 50th anniversary, so I'll probably be taking a year-long leave of absence from this board.

P.S. This is the news I have been waiting for. I no longer watch Days because it's unwatchable, but I will absolutely tune in to see my favourite Eileen Davidson character! It's just too bad she wasn't pulling double duty in 2012-13. Salem could use more comic relief characters like Susan, Sister Mary Moira, Hattie Adams, or even Bonnie Lockhart, and of course EJ needs his mom to help balance out his evil DiMera side!

Edited by normallynorm, Aug 10 2014, 02:24 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

normallynorm

Graceland

I love Susan Banks!!! She is one of my favourite Days characters of all time. I always rooted for her, especially when it came to Elvis. It would suck if her only child died, so I hope EJ's death is fake.

Kristen's best stories always involved her switching places with Susan and vice versa, and I hated how we didn't get any of that during her 2012-13 stint. And Sister Mary Moira could easily have been part of the Father Eric storyline. In fact, Kristen, who's wanted by the cops, should have returned to Salem this summer impersonating one of her doppelgangers.

BTW, if Susan returns, I hope they take the time to explain that the Susan we saw in 2011 was an imposter hired by Ian as part of his scheme against the DiMeras. Remember, fake-Susan's face was never shown on screen, so Hope could've been talking to anyone.

The Reilly years were the BEST! Part of the reason I can't watch the show anymore is because the stories are horrid and lack the imagination and entertainment factor of the Reilly era. He was my favourite headwriter.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Well. Norm isn't here anymore, but yes, it was confirmed by about.com. My prediction is EJ's funeral.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

ShaneDOOLFan
Graceland

There's nothing about her that isn't farcical or campy comical. I bet she still wears those ridiculous knit hats and probably still doesn't know there's a volume control on televisions.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

SKBaldwin
Aug 10 2014, 01:09 PM
Kaha
Aug 10 2014, 09:05 AM
Yoryla
Aug 10 2014, 09:02 AM
Kaha
Aug 10 2014, 08:56 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
They would be pretty hot, lol :blulaugh: In a superficial way only, of course, I don't want JJ sacrificed any more than he is. However, I think his Dan infatuation might be over once he ends up having a fling with Eve. lol!
Why can't we have a young guy with Daddy issues throw himself at one of the older men. That would be a new plot.
Again I say, what the fuck?
Uhm...not sure what you're objecting to?
Offline Profile Goto Top

SKBaldwin

Kaha
Aug 10 2014, 09:15 PM
SKBaldwin
Kaha
Yoryla
Aug 10 2014, 09:02 AM

Why can't we have a young guy with Daddy issues throw himself at one of the older men. That would be a new plot.
I'm objecting to the whole JJ/Daniel thing. For one, JJ's not gay, and neither is Daniel. I just find that absolutely stupid. :yuk:
Edited by SKBaldwin, Aug 10 2014, 09:28 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

SKBaldwin
Aug 10 2014, 09:27 PM
Kaha
SKBaldwin
Kaha

I'm objecting to the whole JJ/Daniel thing. For one, JJ's not gay, and neither is Daniel. I just find that absolutely stupid. :yuk:
Yuckier than EJ and Abby?

In that case, how about Daniel and Abigail? They both worship Daniel. Why not? We know she loves older men.

Offline Profile Goto Top

SKBaldwin

Kaha
Aug 10 2014, 09:45 PM
SKBaldwin
Kaha
SKBaldwin

In that case, how about Daniel and Abigail? They both worship Daniel. Why not? We know she loves older men.

Now you're talking! Dabby/Deve triangle!
Edited by SKBaldwin, Aug 10 2014, 09:54 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SKBaldwin

SKBaldwin
Aug 10 2014, 09:51 PM
Kaha
SKBaldwin
Kaha

You can disregard that.
Edited by SKBaldwin, Aug 10 2014, 09:54 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

SKBaldwin
Aug 10 2014, 09:52 PM
SKBaldwin
Kaha
SKBaldwin

You can disregard that.
Why? Did you change your mind? I think it's an interesting triangle. Abby can slap Eve, again. But this time for Daniel.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SKBaldwin

Kaha
Aug 10 2014, 09:58 PM
SKBaldwin
SKBaldwin
Kaha

You can disregard that.
Why? Did you change your mind? I think it's an interesting triangle. Abby can slap Eve, again. But this time for Daniel.
No, I accidentally typed it twice. I think it would be gripping to see a triangle between Eve, Daniel and Abby.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

SKBaldwin
Aug 10 2014, 10:02 PM
Kaha
Aug 10 2014, 09:58 PM
SKBaldwin
SKBaldwin

You can disregard that.
No, I accidentally typed it twice. I think it would be gripping to see a triangle between Eve, Daniel and Abby.
I am so here for that but I don't think the soap gods love me that much. In fact, after this summer, I think they hate me.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Holaamigas

SKBaldwin
Kaha
SKBaldwin
Kaha

Let me clarify that I posted that as a joke. I know JJ is supposed to be straight. I just thought it was funny how JJ was thinking about texting Dan while making out with his girlfriend. It was written purely tongue in cheek.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SKBaldwin

Holaamigas
Aug 10 2014, 10:39 PM
SKBaldwin
Kaha
SKBaldwin

Let me clarify that I posted that as a joke. I know JJ is supposed to be straight. I just thought it was funny how JJ was thinking about texting Dan while making out with his girlfriend. It was written purely tongue in cheek.
Ahhhh!
Offline Profile Goto Top

tylerbo20

saw the preview on NBC Daniel of course brings her into the police station guess he's a cop now too. FML
Offline Profile Goto Top

daysjahvu
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Aug 8 2014, 04:26 PM
IIttu
Aug 8 2014, 04:08 PM
Quote:

Ali Sweeney shares that Kristen's return is "a huge obstacle between Sami and EJ". Sami thinks that EJ and Abigail were together because of EJ protecting Kristen, which is what caused the initial rift between Sami and EJ.
Why they are still trying to sell this couple is beyond me. And we still haven't gotten a single Lumi scene after Ejabby's affair came out.. :shame: Like what the hell?? Lucas would've been the perfect man to snark and to tell Sami that she's also a cheater herself. And then they could've added a sweet Lumi moment where he says he's sorry for her.

Quote:

But then Brady turns to Marlena for help. Says Martsolf, "It's a good thing that Marlena and Brady have bonded again", because they're going to need to work together to take care of Kristen.
Did I miss an episode or something? I thought they've been in the same room recently, but that's about it. They haven't really been talking to each other, she said she doesn't hate him with a very neutral tone. It would've been nice to see Brady and Marlena have a long talk, cry a little, hug a little, etc. On-screen.
That would be character development, and they have no time for that kind of thing. The plot needs to keep rolling along. :rolleyes:
That and they had to make time for the 50th scene of Dr. Dan denigrating Nicole, the 20th scene of Eric hating on Nicole and the 25th scene of EJ & Abby saying the same thing as their last 25 conversations.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Graceland
Member Avatar

ShaneDOOLFan
Graceland

LINK!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Graceland
Member Avatar

Found it!

http://daysofourlives.about.com/od/abouttheshow/fl/Bye-Days-Eileen-Davidson-Signs-Deal-with-The-Young-and-the-Restless.htm
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic