Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Sonny has a secret
Topic Started: Aug 8 2014, 02:32 PM (2,992 Views)
SKBaldwin

normallynorm
Aug 8 2014, 03:40 PM
Why haven't they introduced a young gay male version of Kristen or Sami to tear these two apart? It's hard to root for a new(er) couple when they haven't been put through the ringer and truly struggled to be together.
Oh, they've had their struggles.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

Not that many. Days plays it so safe with them. Any argument they have is less than 2 scenes before they make up. The only exception was when they broke up after the Nabi's wedding reveal. I loved that because it gave us BriSon scenes!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Graceland
Member Avatar

Oh, please, unless Sonny screwed Ben, I'm not interested. It is time for Will to fess up to banging his English professor though.

Graceland
Member Avatar

normallynorm
Why haven't they introduced a young gay male version of Kristen or Sami to tear these two apart? It's hard to root for a new(er) couple when they haven't been put through the ringer and truly struggled to be together.
I think it has something to do with money. Days is on a tight budget. Hiring more gay characters could be an issue. I mean, the show isn't diverse as it is. They already tried two semi-villains looking to break Wilson up, remember? Sonny had his old flame, and then there was the other one who kept reminding Sonny of his previous life and trying to talk him out of being domesticated.

I guess they could hire someone on recurring status for a character that tries to break up Will and Sonny. But I doubt Days will hire a full-time actor for the part anytime soon. Brant Daugherty was really hot. He was pretty nasty too. He had wicked chemistry with Freddie! Bring him back!

Posted Image
Edited by Graceland, Aug 8 2014, 08:34 PM.

normallynorm

SKBaldwin
Aug 8 2014, 07:44 PM
normallynorm
Oh, they've had their struggles.
Not really. Not compared to my other favourite couples: John/Marlena, Carrie/Austin, Jack/Jennifer, Bo/Hope, etc.

I feel like Craig and Nancy Wesley had more struggles than Sonny and Will!

Kaha
Member Avatar

Graceland
Aug 8 2014, 08:28 PM
Oh, please, unless Sonny screwed Ben, I'm not interested. It is time for Will to fess up to banging his English professor though.
I guess what happens in Berkeley, stays in Berkeley!

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Dumb.

ArnoldFinnegan
Member Avatar

SKBaldwin
Aug 8 2014, 07:41 PM
ArnoldFinnegan
Aug 8 2014, 04:48 PM
Sonny's secret: "I'm gay."
Everyone knows that.
I know. :)

am103
Member Avatar

ArnoldFinnegan
Maybe he confesses he's straight? Or bi? Lol.

Kaha
Member Avatar

am103
Aug 9 2014, 12:48 PM
ArnoldFinnegan
Sonny set Will up with a hot guy in San Francisco when Will went to that Berkeley writting seminar. Sonny wanted Will to have little bit more experience and was helping him out with sowing his wild oats before he embarks on a long term relationship. Now, the guy is in Salem blackmailing both Will and Sonny separately.

concerned
Member Avatar

Kaha
Aug 9 2014, 01:17 PM
am103
ArnoldFinnegan
Sonny set Will up with a hot guy in San Francisco when Will went to that Berkeley writting seminar. Sonny wanted Will to have little bit more experience and was helping him out with sowing his wild oats before he embarks on a long term relationship. Now, the guy is in Salem blackmailing both Will and Sonny separately.
ewwww that's getting into Chloe and Quinn territory.....

leela46
Member Avatar

These two need better secrets and more/better conflict. Not necessarily breakup type conflict but something to make them interesting. So Sonny went to his uncle to help get Will a writing job. I can see Will being pissed about half an episode before everything is fine again. I want to like these two but they are so dull. I'm afraid they're going to end up as a Dannifer type couple that always needs somebody plotting against them to create story.

concerned
Member Avatar

I'd like to see Will getting so absorbed in EJ and Sami's life and Sonny left holding the baby and Sonny finally lose it over Will's focus and tell him he needs to concentrate on his family or he's going to lose it. A real awakening moment where Will realises he is turning into his mother.
(I'd like it to play out over a couple of months not an episode).

concerned
Member Avatar

He could lie and be secretive with Sonny and think he;s going to get away with doing both a bit like Sami was with Lucas.
She thought she could placate him but she was still addicted to the drama and couldn't help herself but thought she'd get away with it.
Edited by concerned, Aug 9 2014, 03:48 PM.

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

leela46
Aug 9 2014, 03:43 PM
These two need better secrets and more/better conflict. Not necessarily breakup type conflict but something to make them interesting. So Sonny went to his uncle to help get Will a writing job. I can see Will being pissed about half an episode before everything is fine again. I want to like these two but they are so dull. I'm afraid they're going to end up as a Dannifer type couple that always needs somebody plotting against them to create story.
I think you are absolutely right and it's an unfortunate reality. TPTB are probably at a loss of what to do with Wilson now that they've married and have the baby.

Kaha
Member Avatar

concerned
Aug 9 2014, 03:26 PM
Kaha
Aug 9 2014, 01:17 PM
am103
ArnoldFinnegan
ewwww that's getting into Chloe and Quinn territory.....
I don't know that but he could blackmail them for money and jobs. Not necessarily sex.

JoeBucs32

They have gone from daytime's best couple to daytime's biggest bore.... :(

leela46
Member Avatar

It's not necessary to have a triangle for there to be conflict. How about Sonny's club has financial troubles and instead of relying on Uncle Victor again, Sonny lets Clyde invest in his club not knowing about Clyde's drug business. Clyde starts using the club as a front for his drug ring. That puts Sonny and Will in potential legal trouble and having to figure a way out. Or Will could decide to write a book about Salem's past and uncovers a mystery that he and Sonny decide to unravel. Present cast members could even be used as different characters in flashback scenes about the mystery. Wasn't Sonny an adventurer before he came to Salem? Surely there is something in his past that could pop us to create conflict in his life with Will?

Renaissance Girl

leela46
Aug 9 2014, 08:57 PM
It's not necessary to have a triangle for there to be conflict. How about Sonny's club has financial troubles and instead of relying on Uncle Victor again, Sonny lets Clyde invest in his club not knowing about Clyde's drug business. Clyde starts using the club as a front for his drug ring. That puts Sonny and Will in potential legal trouble and having to figure a way out. Or Will could decide to write a book about Salem's past and uncovers a mystery that he and Sonny decide to unravel. Present cast members could even be used as different characters in flashback scenes about the mystery. Wasn't Sonny an adventurer before he came to Salem? Surely there is something in his past that could pop us to create conflict in his life with Will?
Oh, cool! I think that sounds like a pretty good idea. That would be a nice way for Sonny and Will to be tied into Clyde's story line and that would be a great way to expand the drug trade story line too. The mystery in Salem's past one sounds nice too, but I don't know what mystery they can come up with?

leela46
Member Avatar

Renaissance Girl
Aug 9 2014, 09:16 PM
leela46
Aug 9 2014, 08:57 PM
Oh, cool! I think that sounds like a pretty good idea. That would be a nice way for Sonny and Will to be tied into Clyde's story line and that would be a great way to expand the drug trade story line too. The mystery in Salem's past one sounds nice too, but I don't know what mystery they can come up with?
As far as a mystery, I'd prefer something based on a previous storyline that happened on the show. But I'd be ok with a made up mystery too. I thought of this after watching a couple of episodes of Cold Case. I enjoy shows and books where so called unsolved mysteries are finally solved. Since soaps can take more time with their stories I thought something like this would be kind of cool. Will writing a book and uncovering the mystery could be a way to introduce the plot.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply