Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, August 11th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Aug 9 2014, 11:27 AM (8,894 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

This week's clip was chosen by james0479. This isn't exactly what he wanted, but maybe some of you can help him find the one he really wanted. I was also going to post the clip that follows this, but it doesn't seem to have sound.

If you want to choose next week's clip, be the 100th poster in this thread.

Discuss!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

What was the one he really wanted?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Thinking back, it's absolutely hilarious to think Marlena would sit and have tea with Maggie while keeping her hood up. LOL!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Aug 9 2014, 04:43 PM
Thinking back, it's absolutely hilarious to think Marlena would sit and have tea with Maggie while keeping her hood up. LOL!
Seriously. And if it were anyone other that Maggie, I'd have a hard time buying she couldn't get a word in.

Bo -N- Hope
Member Avatar
FANCYFACE & BRADY

So is Hope back from her vacay on Monday??

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Bo -N- Hope
Aug 9 2014, 07:36 PM
So is Hope back from her vacay on Monday??
Yes.

james0479
Member Avatar

Lol thank you Lysie!!! I totally wanted this clip as well so I'm a happy Daytime Royalty poster ;). When I PM'd Lysie trying to explain the other clip I wanted, I even said "I can see your eyes rolling" because I'm sure it's annoying trying to understand a description of a scene ...as much as it is trying to describe it lol. Lysie is a good sport!! Maggie's "death" scene is one of my favorites because it was in the big hype days of the SSK storyline and right after it originally aired, I'd watch it over and over trying to get some sort of clue as to who the killer could be. Obviously, that was a waste of time but it's fun to watch it today....but also sad in ways. To me, it was horrific that someone could kill Maggie with a bottle. It was gruesome but, at the time, I thought "wow Days is really going hardcore!" Plus with all the talk of the SSK story lately, I found it appropriate.

The other clip I thought of Im a tad sketchy about details wise. I WANT to say it's one of the many attempted escapes from Melaswen. What I remember about it was people such as Doug, Marlena, John, Maggie...and a few others are on a plane. SO much shit has happened and they are what seems to be FINALLY on the road to getting home. Doug says "John, do you think this plane can get us to Paris?" And John says (paraphrasing) "Doug there's bigger issues. Guys, there's a bomb on board!" And you can literally hear Maggie and others groan as if the actors themselves were like "really?!?!", cuz it would just NOT let up lol. That is a scene I remember but can't find anywhere and God Bless Lysie for trying! When a longtime Days viewer asks another longtime Days viewer to find that scene where a classic cast is on a plane with a bomb on board, it's like "ummm that could be anything!" Lol.

I'm happy with my Maggie "death" scene clip and hope those who werent watching at the time can sit back and shake their heads just like I did when it aired. Crazy Days indeed! ;)

ETA: I also couldn't find the clip with sound that follows my clip choice ...where the actual "murder" happens. Strange! If anyone can find it, feel free to post it! And thanks a ton to Lysie as always. Xoxo!!!
Edited by james0479, Aug 10 2014, 09:59 AM.

james0479
Member Avatar

I thought Suzanne did a good job in these scenes....but she DID assume these were her last on Days. The scenes after this ends shows the killer didnt use the knives shown throughout. For those who don't know (I'm sure all do), Maggie was an alcoholic but had kicked the habit and the killer used a wine bottle to smash over her head. It didnt kill Maggie instantly and her cries before the last plunge broke my heart!! This episode aired right at Halloween and it (along with another episode I believe) was shown on the big screen at the time complete with a red carpet event consisting of stars from the show.
Also love the Bo and Hope scenes in this as the killer was teasing them with video early on of some crimes. Hope looks SO cute here!!

Dutch19
Member Avatar

james0479
Aug 10 2014, 09:43 AM

The other clip I thought of Im a tad sketchy about details wise. I WANT to say it's one of the many attempted escapes from Melaswen. What I remember about it was people such as Doug, Marlena, John, Maggie...and a few others are on a plane. SO much shit has happened and they are what seems to be FINALLY on the road to getting home. Doug says "John, do you think this plane can get us to Paris?" And John says (paraphrasing) "Doug there's bigger issues. Guys, there's a bomb on board!" And you can literally hear Maggie and others groan as if the actors themselves were like "really?!?!", cuz it would just NOT let up lol. That is a scene I remember but can't find anywhere and God Bless Lysie for trying! When a longtime Days viewer asks another longtime Days viewer to find that scene where a classic cast is on a plane with a bomb on board, it's like "ummm that could be anything!" Lol.

I'm happy with my Maggie "death" scene clip and hope those who werent watching at the time can sit back and shake their heads just like I did when it aired. Crazy Days indeed! ;)

ETA: I also couldn't find the clip with sound that follows my clip choice ...where the actual "murder" happens. Strange! If anyone can find it, feel free to post it! And thanks a ton to Lysie as always. Xoxo!!!
Ok, this isn't from Melaswen, but it's a flight to Paris where John announces there's a bomb on the plane. My memory is fuzzier than the video quality! ;)

I'm on an iPad so I can't tell if I embedded that right, so here's the link: youtube.com/watch?v=f3cGF6UwJ0o

I vaguely remember the redhead lady, and Alice in the poker visor is epic. You can use the related links to watch before and after this clip. John's announcement is around 8:20.

We've got: John, Marlena, Alice, Doug, Julie, Bo, Shawn, Belle, Eric, Greta, Redhead whatshername, Mimi? (Not in this clip, I think), Rolf and Bart. I know there're videos of every scene Jensen Ackles :wub: was ever in, so I'll try to find a better quality video to put this caffeine and sugar rush to good use.
Edited by Dutch19, Aug 10 2014, 10:50 AM.

Dutch19
Member Avatar

The magic of caffeine!! :) this is slightly better quality, Doug asking about getting to Paris is around 6:40

youtube.com/watch?v=Eo9Vy-goNwA

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

Redhead what-her-name is Lilian Faversham....I think that's how it's spelled. She was the high-society dame that owned all the art that Hope/Gina stole for Stefano & she was also friends with Greta, the real princess Gina, etc.

nananana7
Member Avatar

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Aug 10 2014, 10:57 AM
Redhead what-her-name is Lilian Faversham....I think that's how it's spelled. She was the high-society dame that owned all the art that Hope/Gina stole for Stefano & she was also friends with Greta, the real princess Gina, etc.

http://www.soapcentral.com/days/whoswho/lili.php

Edited by nananana7, Aug 10 2014, 10:59 AM.

Dutch19
Member Avatar

Thank you both! It was like being at a family reunion; knew I knew her but couldn't remember a blessed thing about her!! :blulaugh:

nananana7
Member Avatar

excerpts/summaries from the storyline around the time of the
bomb-en-route-to-Paris storyline:

Archive copies from the old Dustin's Days page:

3rd week February 2000
https://web.archive.org/web/20081214165019/http://www.geocities.com/rdustinc/daysums/February00/week3.html

4th week February 2000
https://web.archive.org/web/20090829034253/http://geocities.com/rdustinc/daysums/February00/week4.html

1st week March 2000
https://web.archive.org/web/20091022125411/http://geocities.com/rdustinc/daysums/March00/week1.html

nananana7
Member Avatar

And here is a summary of the entire plane-to-paris storyline
from the archived copy of Beth's Days Page

"terror in the skies"

https://web.archive.org/web/20080828123127/http://www.bethsdayspage.com/days/terrorintheskies.html

lysie
Member Avatar

See I knew it wasn't Melaswen, because they used boats for that. This is when they ended up on that island.

stormymac
Member Avatar

This clip is Marlena confessing to the killings. There is a flashback of Maggie realizing Marlena is the killer at about 8:12. It's not the whole scene, but at least I don't have to spend a few hundred dollars on Rosetta Stone so that I can read the German subtitles on the clip with no sound.

blueskies
Member Avatar

I loved Maggie's death scene. I really only knew her as a restaurant host, so I wasn't really attached to her at all and actually found her rather annoying at the time, so while I was shocked by the wine-bottle bludgeoning, I thought it was hilarious.

Nice choice!

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

I dont think i will be the 100th post but i would like to put in a request. I posted before that I saw Wesley Eure my mom was excited i didnt realize he was Michael Horton. Would love to see a video posted of him as Michael Horton is there any footage. He also said he would love to come back for the 50th Anniversary. He is much cooler about his days past then the guy who played Eugene. Never forget the look i got when i told him loved you on days as Eugene.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

It's FINALLY a Hope day again!! And as a bonus, it's also a Haiden day! :cheer:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply