Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Outlander
Topic Started: Aug 12 2014, 05:38 PM (74 Views)
Honeybees
Member Avatar

So, I read most of the early books in this series, which is now a TV series on Starz. I confess I haven't kept up with the book series.

However, I did catch the pilot of the series, which is by Ron Moore who did the BSG reboot a few years back.

It's tough to explain, but it's a political, time travel romance, adventure...a bodice ripper that's gender reversed with the tough, older female always rescuing her younger man.

It's starts in 1945. Claire is an English combat nurse looking to reconnect with her historian, intelligence officer husband on a Scottish second honeymoon. For supernatural reasons, she walks through some druid-ish stones and finds herself in 1743. She runs into trouble pretty much right away.

The first episode moves slow and establishes the setup, but the cast is great, it's shot beautifully and Claire is a fully realized protagonist.

If you don't have Starz, the first episode is available online.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

I am loving this show!!! The leads are great and their chemistry is amazing! Jamie & Claire! :wub:
Edited by Deverauxfan, Aug 26 2014, 10:40 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply