Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Survivor: San Juan Del Sur Discussion
Topic Started: Aug 13 2014, 06:31 PM (2,450 Views)
darraholic
Member Avatar

The cast will be released this week where we will see a pair of Twins from TAR Fame.

But there could be some possible trouble looming for the show as the Editors have walked off the job.

http://deadline.com/2014/08/survivor-strike-mark-burnett-editors-cbs-reality-show-818767/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

The whole editorial team at Island Post is picketing! As a part of this exact field of work, I have to say I support them 100% and hope they get their deserved Union contracts! I was stunned when I realized it has been like this for the duration of the show. It is way too wildly successful to still be non-union. Hope they get it together over there.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

Aaand they won it looks like! Got this email from Guild:

This evening the company agreed to the demand we issued on Tuesday for union recognition for the post crew of Survivor. Contract talks have been scheduled for Friday.

In the meantime, our strike action has been suspended, and Survivor post-production employees will return to their jobs on Thursday. Our picket line will stand down until further notice. Please do not report for picket duty tomorrow.

Kudos to the crew of Survivor for their resolve they showed today and this important victory. Please continue to monitor email, the Guild website, and social media for updates about this crew’s push for an IATSE contract.

KMan101
Member Avatar

SPOILER!!
Spoiler: click to toggle

KMan101
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Posted Image
- Natalie & Nadiya Anderson (Twins, 28, from The Amazing Race)

Posted Image
- John Rocker (39) & Julie McGee (34) (ex-Atlanta Braves player/spray-tan girlfriend)

Posted Image
- Josh Canfield (32) & Reed Kelly (31) (Partners from New York)

Posted Image Posted Image
- Alec Christy (22) & Drew Christy (25) (Twin Brothers from Florida)

- Keith "Otis" Nale (53) & Wes Nale (23) (Father & Son firefighters)

Posted Image
- Dale Wentworth (55) & Kelley Wentworth (28) (Father & Daughter)

Posted Image
- Missy Payne (47) & Baylor Wilson (20) (Mother/Daughter)

- Jaclyn Schultz (25) & Jon Misch (26) (College Sweethearts)

- Val Collins (35) & Jeremy Collins (36) (Married)

Only 8 women because a female/female team left/medically removed before the game started.

Tribe Layout:

COYOPA (yellow):
Nadiya
Val
John
Alec
Dale
Baylor
Wes
Josh
Jaclyn

HUNAHPU (blue):
Natalie
Jeremy
Julie
Drew
Kelley
Missy
Keith
Reed
Jon
Edited by KMan101, Aug 27 2014, 12:00 PM.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Not 100% on Dale/blonde hottie and Missy/hot son

Could be switched around. Despite official pictures, they aren't officially announced as of 10:30 this morning.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Link to EW confirming Natalie/Nadiya, Josh/Reed & John/Julie: http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/27/survivor-john-rocker-amazing-race-twins-spider-man/

Manny
Member Avatar

Thanks, Shawn! Hopefully, this will be another good season!

darraholic
Member Avatar

TWINNIES <3

KMan101
Member Avatar

Yeah, was wrong about Missy and Dale and who they are with ... had a feeling. The blonde and young guy, Jaclyn and Jon, are together. Dale has a daughter, Missy has a daughter.

I'm meh to the cast so far. I'll wait and see. I'm not super thrilled with them, seems like a bunch of recruits, but then I've heard, say, Reed, is a huge Survivor fan. So ... we shall see. I hope this season is good because 24-28 have been. I know a lot don't like One World, but to me, it was definitely the start of the current string of "good" seasons. And on that note, Palau has never been on of my favorites like others, so ...

darraholic
Member Avatar

Yeah, the past few seasons have been good. I didn't care for Caramoan though.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

John Rocker is quite the homophobe...I wonder how that will work for him on this season.

KMan101
Member Avatar

And Reed and Josh are both very religious as well. Reed compared Josh to Lisa Welchel. I want to like them. I hope they aren't awful. LOL
Edited by KMan101, Aug 27 2014, 05:16 PM.

KMan101
Member Avatar

darraholic
Aug 27 2014, 12:05 PM
Yeah, the past few seasons have been good. I didn't care for Caramoan though.
I didn't like Caramoan either. And I never remember it's Caramoan, so that's gotta say something coming from a hardcore day one fan like myself.

Caramoan was too much Phillip, Cochran, Brandon. I didn't even watch all of the merge episodes until after the season was over. I mean, I knew what went on but I just had no interest in watching. That and Samoa are the only the two seasons I've ever tuned out of, completely. I have since watched Samoa and honestly it's grown on me a lot (funny how both seasons have a shit pre-merge but semi-decent merge).
Edited by KMan101, Aug 27 2014, 05:19 PM.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I keep hearing "the Kim sisters" were the ones who medivaced before the start of the game, were they the token Asians? (Sorry, but it's true LOL) Does anyone know? Could of had a female Yul to make up for the disappointment that was Becky.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Brief Parvati cast interviews:

http://youtu.be/Lnl3nTQr5LE
Edited by KMan101, Aug 27 2014, 05:38 PM.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Can Drew be thrown off whatever transportation they take to the island? Yuck. Valley Bros. Sigh.

Dead at Keith saying Wes's "mama can't cut the cord".

I like that Julie would throw John under the bus. "If there's an opportunity...... um ... I'm gonna take it". Yes. Please deliver onscreen.

Natalie and Nadiya look like challenge beasts. I'm so curious to see them on Survivor. I can't wait. Love them.

Val and Jeremy seem nice enough. She's a cop and he's a firefighter. I like them. Something about them just screams likeability IMO.

Baylor, Missy's daughter, could prove interesting. Another Ciera? Young yet 'mature' who can read people. Again, let's hope she can deliver. Missy seems zzzz. She has a few marriages. Meh.

Rodger Bingham 2.0 and his daughter put me to sleep. Sorry. LOL. They seem nice enough and Dale looks like he can hold his own in a challenge.

I like everyone. Mostly. I'm warming up to the blood vs. water aspect even more. IDK why. I think it's easier to connect with them because there's a loved one next to them, and you instantly see personality. We'll see if they can deliver on screen. I still have some doubts.

Manny
Member Avatar

I didn't watch any interviews, so I don't know any of them. But I love that Twinnies are there :D

Out of the last few seasons, Caramoan was definitely my least favorite. Philip, Cochran, Brandon stealing the spotlights of my favorites was just annoying. And plus, I don't think I can name ONE person from the fan tribe... that's how memorable that was.. :/

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Glad Nadiya got voted off. Smart to vote the bitch off. Dale was smart about getting the majority to with that. Glad he watches "THE AMAZING RACE". I don't lol. Loving this season so far.

KMan101
Member Avatar

This season shows promise.

I like Jeremy and Val a lot. I want one of them to win.

I have a feeling Jon might be the one to quit. We got his backstory for a reason and then hearing that someone quits ...

I like Keith too. I was worried he'd be annoying but he wasn't. Wes ... blah.

Alec IS young and dumb but nice enough. Drew ... meh. I dread one of them winning, unless they really impress me with gameplay.

Naydia going ... eh. I like the twinnies but the fact is she gave them a reason [Amazing Race] and they took it. They all seem to like each other and didn't want to vote anyone out, so even a reason like that is good enough. And her mouth didn't seem to help. Although her interview with TV Guide is why I like the Twinnies. I'm looking forward to seeing Natalie's pissed reaction and how she fares in the game (it looked like she and Jeremy and Kelley are working together?). Are pairs going to stick together and pick off the non-pairs, or vice-versa? Or mix it up? Probst seems to believe it's an upredictable season. We'll see.

Dale could be an interesting one to watch. I liked how he got them fire and then somehow got Nadyia voted out. Good for him. He instantly reminded me of Kathy from Marquesas, somewhat on the outs at the beginning but able to work their way in. Although Kathy's exclusion lasted a bit longer. And damn does he look like Rodger from Australia. I like his daughter Kelley. Hopefully she shows strategic promise. Looks like she aligned with Jeremy and Kelley and Natalie seem to like each other. We'll see.

Overall I like everyone. John and Julie the exceptions right now. But they seem like they'll bring the drama, at least early on. Maybe Rocker quits instead of Jon? Or neither of them?

Also looking forward to seeing Josh and Reed play. Josh already seems to be making a ton of alliances with his tribe. We'll see how that plays out for him. I like them though but Josh might get a bit annoying. Reed wasn't shown enough to form a real opinion on yet.

I'm mixed on Baylor. Of course she went with the guys. I think Missy her mom is going to get backstabbed by Jeremy. Just a hunch after she had a confessional saying she could trust him, or whatever. I mean, maybe it will work out and she won't be but it just sent my radar up.

I think it's clear though the men are going to be dominating the air time, but let's see what episode 2 brings.
Edited by KMan101, Sep 26 2014, 05:08 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · CBS Primetime · Next Topic »
Add Reply