Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Big news flash from MM.
Topic Started: Aug 16 2014, 01:10 PM (5,038 Views)
Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

He's definitely not coming back. :facepalm:
No kidding!
This is news? HE might say they were close to him coming back but I think he joined the Victoria Rowell school of fantasy.
Neither one is coming back, ever.
Salacious rumor? Really? If that's all it was, you'd be back with bells on.
Looking forward to the new Adam.
I still think they made a big mistake casting the current Billy, he should have been cast as Adam.

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/michael-muhney-reveals-he-will-not-be-returning-as-adam-newman-to-yr/2014/08/13/
Offline Profile Goto Top

bygnedys

I think he was full of hot air. I think along with some others, that Brandan Bannaish (sp) who played Johnny on G.H. is the new Adam.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Soapwatcher

"It was all a salacious rumor" about why he left, then why didn't Hunter speak up and say so, why did MTS say what she did? Why didn't the producers come forward and say what the "real" reason he was let go? I think he is lying through his teeth there and is hoping that whoever he goes for the next job interview doesn't check into his firing.
Offline Profile Goto Top

OliveAnn

http://cbs.soapsindepth.com/2014/08/muhney-confirms-no-return-to-yr.html#more

I feel a scandal is coming; CBS SID is reporting that there were never any negotiations to begin with.
Edited by OliveAnn, Aug 16 2014, 01:58 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Michael Goldberg
Member Avatar

It never ends.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
Aug 16 2014, 01:57 PM

I feel a scandal is coming; CBS SID is reporting that there were never any negotiations to begin with.
I am not in the least bit surprised, like I said, he has joined the Victoria Rowell fantasy club.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bremol
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
Aug 16 2014, 03:06 PM
OliveAnn
Aug 16 2014, 01:57 PM

I am not in the least bit surprised, like I said, he has joined the Victoria Rowell fantasy club.
Too bad this isn't Star Trek and we can't just beam the POS to some primitive planet where social media and technology don't exist. Ugh! :glare:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lynx612

I never thought he would be back! When someone is terminated like that, they don't get hired back! I wish him well. But, I don't miss him like I miss my Billy!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Maliluali
Member Avatar

Sorry if I'm resurrecting a zombie thread... Wasn't sure where else to post this :)

This gave me such a laugh. Apparently MM has revealed to an Australian soap magazine that the real reason he left Y&R is that he was being given too much work. He told the EP that either they had to fire him or he would have to quit because it was all getting too much for the poor petal. And those horrible things that were being said about him? Well, he was warned that he had a target on his back because others were so jealous of his spectacular talent. The Daily mail is a UK publication and for some reason they seem to think MM is Australian.
Link here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2771066/Australian-Actor-Michael-Muhney-speaks-time-fired-hit-American-soap-drama-The-Young-And-The-Restless-groping-female-star.html

I'm thinking I might have to buy a copy of TV Week so I can share pictures this incredible story with those of you who don't have access to Australian soap magazines ;) MM is the gift that keeps on giving.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JaimeLannister
Member Avatar

^Interesting how he only NOW decides to speak up. Seriously, the guy just needs to STFU at this point.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Maliluali
Member Avatar

Someone has already posted pictures of the article on a facebook page. I can't quite make out the first page properly (where he talks about how he'd totally sue people) but the second and third pages are quite readable.
They love MM Facebook
They love MM 2
They love MM 3
It's nice for him to have someone other than NB to print his propaganda I guess.
Edited by Maliluali, Sep 29 2014, 04:37 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nananana7
Member Avatar

MM was recently visiting Australia. That would explain why he was talking to the Australian press.

I don't buy a word of what he says.

Edited by nananana7, Sep 29 2014, 07:50 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Maliluali
Sep 29 2014, 02:07 AM
Sorry if I'm resurrecting a zombie thread... Wasn't sure where else to post this :)

This gave me such a laugh. Apparently MM has revealed to an Australian soap magazine that the real reason he left Y&R is that he was being given too much work. He told the EP that either they had to fire him or he would have to quit because it was all getting too much for the poor petal. And those horrible things that were being said about him? Well, he was warned that he had a target on his back because others were so jealous of his spectacular talent. The Daily mail is a UK publication and for some reason they seem to think MM is Australian.
Link here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2771066/Australian-Actor-Michael-Muhney-speaks-time-fired-hit-American-soap-drama-The-Young-And-The-Restless-groping-female-star.html

I'm thinking I might have to buy a copy of TV Week so I can share pictures this incredible story with those of you who don't have access to Australian soap magazines ;) MM is the gift that keeps on giving.
Has he lost his mind? He'll never get a gig now!
I had no idea he was Australian.
What a doofus! :drunk:
Offline Profile Goto Top

nananana7
Member Avatar

He's not Australian. The UK newspaper made a false assumption.

Like I said, he was visiting Australia recently. I would guess that the the 'interview' with the Aussie TV Week mag happened then.

The reason that MM is still news in Australia ... is because Y&R is seven months behind the USA in airdates.

Adam "died" in the car crash just a few weeks ago in Australia.

I guess they'll all hash out the same tired debates there ... but then hopefully, eventually, it will all die down. I'm so tired of him.

Edited by nananana7, Sep 29 2014, 11:36 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

OliveAnn

Maliluali

Who threatens to quit or even to provoke being fired because they are overworked? Usually, if you're burned out, you ask for some time off or that one or two of your co-stars help you out with some of the heavy lifting.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

nananana7
Sep 29 2014, 11:30 AM
He's not Australian. The UK newspaper made a false assumption.

Like I said, he was visiting Australia recently. I would guess that the the 'interview' with the Aussie TV Week mag happened then.

The reason that MM is still news in Australia ... is because Y&R is seven months behind the USA in airdates.

I guess they'll all hash out the same tired debates there ... but then hopefully, eventually, it will all die down. I'm so tired of him.

Ohhhhhh, I wondered, I had never heard anything about him being from down under.
Those UK tabs are not that reliable, so for his sake, I hope that is a made up article.
I'm sick of him too, but you know he and his FANatics will have plenty to say when the nu Adam shows up.
Hmmmmm what if nu Adam and psycho phyliss team up? :popcorn:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Maliluali
Member Avatar

Quote:

Those UK tabs are not that reliable, so for his sake, I hope that is a made up article.

The soap magazine the interview was in is similar to US soap mags. Lots of puff pieces promoting actors and soap story-lines. There's no chance they'll be winning journalism awards but I sincerely doubt they've made up an entire interview. I don't particularly care if MM is trying to spin this so it's less of a disaster for him. But when I'm being lied to I insist that a little bit of an effort is made to make the lie believable. He asked to be fired because he had too much work? He was only accused because others were so jealous of his talent? That's just insulting our intelligence.

Quote:

That makes a lot of sense as to why he came here when he did. Personally I've been so distracted by Colin's return I've barely noticed him missing. New Adam looks like he'll be great :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

eruell

Maliluali

MM is such a douche-bag! He should just shut up and go away. Funny, if he is such a great actor, why is he not working???!!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

eruell
Sep 29 2014, 05:32 PM
Maliluali

MM is such a douche-bag! He should just shut up and go away. Funny, if he is such a great actor, why is he not working???!!!!
Soon his only lines will be, "do you want fries with that?"
Offline Profile Goto Top

Soapwatcher

I just read it in Celebrity Dirty Laundry, no conceit in his family he has it alllllllll to quote an old saying, I can't believe that "sane" people fall for his bullst, but man are they buying it, I've got an old bridge located in Brooklyn that I'm looking to sell anybody wanna buy it? lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic