Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Melissa Archer Joins Days
Topic Started: Aug 26 2014, 07:15 PM (9,669 Views)
Restless84
Member Avatar

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/exclusive-melissa-archer-joins-days
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Restless84
Aug 26 2014, 07:15 PM
Well, this is interesting. I wonder what age group they will put her in and who she will be interacting with.

I'm trying to think of a legacy character. A recast Stephanie?

A recast of Belle? That doesn't seem likely.

A new character?

james0479
Member Avatar

And there we have it! Lol. I only know of Archer from soap mags and maybe a daytime Emmy awards show or two. She seems cool and like she would fit on the Days canvas so welcome Ms Archer. I hope it works well and I already have two bets placed on who I think she may be.

james0479
Member Avatar

The wording in that blurb says "new role" tho....

Bo -N- Hope
Member Avatar
FANCYFACE & BRADY

Loved MA on OLTL! Cant wait to see who she plays.Maybe Aidens dead wife??

Yoryla
Member Avatar

New character, expectedly.

Edited by Yoryla, Aug 26 2014, 07:25 PM.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Restless84
Aug 26 2014, 07:15 PM
:thumbsdown:

blueskies
Member Avatar

james0479
Aug 26 2014, 07:23 PM
maybe they just mean new to her? I hope it's not completely new.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

She'd be perfect as Sarah Horton. But for whatever reason, the writers won't take the logical step and finally cast the character.

Jason47
Member Avatar

blueskies
Aug 26 2014, 07:28 PM
james0479
It would have to be a new role for Archer. We know how well it worked last time when Prospect Park and ABC tried sharing characters from OLTL, so it's not like she could reprise her role of Natalie on Days!
Edited by Jason47, Aug 26 2014, 07:30 PM.

Bo -N- Hope
Member Avatar
FANCYFACE & BRADY

james0479
Aug 26 2014, 07:21 PM
And there we have it! Lol. I only know of Archer from soap mags and maybe a daytime Emmy awards show or two. She seems cool and like she would fit on the Days canvas so welcome Ms Archer. I hope it works well and I already have two bets placed on who I think she may be.
Care to share who you think she may be? I think maybe Aidens wife?? :shrug:

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Yeah the new part seemed like a new role for her, not the show. That could go either way though. I'm hoping she has some connection to Salem. Really thinking it would be hard to pass up having her be Maggie's daughter, but she is too young to play Sarah considering all of the other SORASes that have happened with this show.

I think its a smart addition either way. She's pretty popular.

james0479
Member Avatar

Jason47
Aug 26 2014, 07:29 PM
blueskies
Aug 26 2014, 07:28 PM
james0479
It would have to be a new role for Archer. We know how well it worked last time when Prospect Park and ABC tried sharing characters from OLTL, so it's not like she could reprise her role of Natalie on Days!
Lol! I didn't watch those shows yet even I cringed at that disaster. Haha.

While waiting for my dinner to cook I looked up some clips of Archer and she's fun. Of course alot of that can be attributed to the character she was playing but she seems like a cool fit for Days.

cryin4days

Since she's already filming, I'm wondering if it was Melissa Archer in that picture of Shawn Christian and red head taping that we assumed was Molly Burnett. I think it was the actress who plays Paige who took the picture in front of monitors and the hair color was discussed and whether it was Jordan or if it could be Melanie. Looking at pictures of Melissa, I'm thinking it was her filming with Shawn Christian.
Edited by cryin4days, Aug 26 2014, 07:36 PM.

james0479
Member Avatar

Bo -N- Hope
Aug 26 2014, 07:30 PM
james0479
Aidens wife could be interesting but I think Archer could be too young for that role. I say that without knowing how old she is lol. The Sarah Horton idea is all over the place and I've seen some people who don't usually do rumors hint at it so that's obviously a big possibility. I have a strange feeling there's going to be a surprise at either who she's portraying or something about it. Could be totally wrong but thats what I'm feeling. ;)

blueskies
Member Avatar

lol, people on twitter are already saying they're going to riot if she's involved with Dan. Can't say I blame them but it is hilarious.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

james0479
Aug 26 2014, 07:36 PM
Bo -N- Hope
Aug 26 2014, 07:30 PM
james0479
Aidens wife could be interesting but I think Archer could be too young for that role. I say that without knowing how old she is lol. The Sarah Horton idea is all over the place and I've seen some people who don't usually do rumors hint at it so that's obviously a big possibility. I have a strange feeling there's going to be a surprise at either who she's portraying or something about it. Could be totally wrong but thats what I'm feeling. ;)
She's 34. I think she could play a little younger than that. Sarah should be about that age, but with the SORAS to everyone else Sarah should be like 50. Maybe this is one of the reasons that Days hasn't brought her on because the ages are just so screwed up. To have a Sarah younger than Brady, EJ, and Sami would be ridiculous.

But I always say when you can do some perfect casting like this would probably be then you have to go for it. I mean she looks like she should be Maggie's daughter. This is how I feel about GH getting Billy Miller. I don't want the character of Jason back at all, but you gotta do it if you can get Killer Miller.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

blueskies
Aug 26 2014, 07:38 PM
lol, people on twitter are already saying they're going to riot if she's involved with Dan. Can't say I blame them but it is hilarious.
If she's John's doctor Dan will have her bent over within a month.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Aug 26 2014, 07:31 PM
Yeah the new part seemed like a new role for her, not the show. That could go either way though. I'm hoping she has some connection to Salem. Really thinking it would be hard to pass up having her be Maggie's daughter, but she is too young to play Sarah considering all of the other SORASes that have happened with this show.

I think its a smart addition either way. She's pretty popular.
I have to disagree about Archer being too young to play Sarah. I'd consider the character of Sarah to be mid-to-late 30s. Archer is 34. Could easily play a little older if that was ever actually taken into consideration. As for the SORASing of other characters, this is DAYS. Means nothing. Abby and Brady should be the same age. Will and Philip should be the same age. EJ should be younger than all of them. Shawn should be older than all of them.

Fingers are crossed for a logical casting decision.

james0479
Member Avatar

blueskies
Aug 26 2014, 07:38 PM
She could portray a zebra and she would have way too many scenes with Daniel. Sadly, nobody is safe from Dr Sleaze-N-Skeeze. I'd assume him and JenniBITCH just get back together so the other women in Salem can sleep without fences around their waists at night.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply