Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Casting call: new African-American female, contract role "Maya" *updated*; Updated with taping date estimate
Topic Started: Sep 11 2014, 07:50 AM (1,103 Views)
nananana7

-- Quote from Daytime Confidential:

Days of Our Lives Places Casting Call for New Black Female Contract Role

Posted September 10, 2014
by Daytime Confidential

Is a new face heading to Salem? Days of Our Lives has put out a casting call for "Maya, a 25-30 year old black female.

Maya is described as smart and drop-dead gorgeous. The character is also graceful and self-confident which makes her very bewitching.

While Maya is a dedicated and determined professional, she has a vulnerable side. This makes it tough for others to get close to her. The character doesn't appear to have any ties to anyone on the canvas and is a contract role.

-- End quote.
source:
http://daytimeconfidential.com/2014/09/10/days-lives-places-casting-call/

UPDATED:
-- Quote from welovesoaps.net
'Days of our Lives' Casting New Role (Maya)
Days of our Lives is currently casting the contract role of Maya, who is described as a 25-30 year old, gorgeous, African-American female. Maya is a confident, dedicated professional with a sensitive side.
** Taping is tentatively scheduled for late November/early December, which means she would likely first air during Spring 2015.
-- end quote.
Source: http://www.welovesoaps.net/2014/09/days-of-our-lives-casting-new-role-maya_12.html
Edited by nananana7, Sep 12 2014, 09:44 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

fundays13
Member Avatar

Just what the show needs. Another character with no ties to anyone in Salem. :rolleyes: She'll probably last as long as Cameron did

Marlene

fundays13
Sep 11 2014, 09:00 AM
Just what the show needs. Another character with no ties to anyone in Salem. :rolleyes: She'll probably last as long as Cameron did

I posted this in the social media thread but I'll repeat it here, or at least paraphrase it.

The last line of the call says the character does not appear to have ties to Salem. That is, as is typical, pretty vague. Does that mean the individual who put the casting call together doesn't know, ie does not appear. Or is this a clue that the character will appear as a "stranger" as first, only to find out later she's the product of one of Stefano's trysts, or maybe Clyde's.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Oh perfect. Exactly what we need. Another new and useless character.

How long will we have to wait until we find out she's in some way related to a member of the Carver family?

ArnoldFinnegan
Member Avatar

Shouldn't their casting calls for all females read, "[insert name here] will be briefly paired with a doctor, who will destroy her character until she is an unrecognizable shell of her former self. Said doctor will eventually determine that she is no longer suitable for his godliness, after which he will berate her and treat her like trash."?

camera shy

Days is in desperate need for some diversity so I don't have a problem with this character coming on board. But we also want to see characters like, Lucas, Nicole, Kayla, Marlena and John being given real stories. So make this character a new love interest for Lucas and you'll killing two birds with one stone, adding new characters and at the same time giving a much love character of Lucas a storyline.
Edited by camera shy, Sep 11 2014, 10:51 AM.

tylerbo20

They can't write for current characters properly
So let's bring in some more new faces yup sounds right

Oak Alley
Member Avatar
Brady & his Fancy Face

oh for the love of.... argh! I'm all for diversity, but write for the characters already onscreen!

Ophelia
Member Avatar

Does Maxine have a son or a daughter? I've blocked out the memories of Maxine/Dannifer, but I vaguely recall her having an adult child.

Bo -N- Hope
Member Avatar
I Would Carry You To The Ends Of The Earth Dont You Know That

Oak Alley
Sep 11 2014, 04:03 PM
oh for the love of.... argh! I'm all for diversity, but write for the characters already onscreen!
Yes write for the cast you have and stop backburning the people we want to see on our screen!!

Sandell

Thank you NANA

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

If the chick can act and can spin gold out of shit,more power to her. It's apparent there is a trend away from writing for certain characters, so might as well bring in someone good.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Ophelia
Sep 11 2014, 06:31 PM
Does Maxine have a son or a daughter? I've blocked out the memories of Maxine/Dannifer, but I vaguely recall her having an adult child.
i thought there was a mention of her having a son at some point (unless I'm getting Maxine & Epiphany mixed up).

tylerbo20

hahaha whoever is in charge now I can't wait to see what they come up with for the 50th...they said they have been watching GH i guess they have decided to do the complete opposite and create 50 new characters HAHA HA..omg im still not watching

thepadange

tylerbo20
Sep 11 2014, 11:42 PM
hahaha whoever is in charge now I can't wait to see what they come up with for the 50th...they said they have been watching GH i guess they have decided to do the complete opposite and create 50 new characters HAHA HA..omg im still not watching
I don't know who's in charge of their budget but it looks like they only care for their 50th to be as cheap as possible. Poor "Days".
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nananana7

UPDATE:
Adding onto what was previously posted via Daytime Confidential.

More info from welovesoaps.net

-- Quote from welovesoaps.net

'Days of our Lives' Casting New Role (Maya)

Days of our Lives is currently casting the contract role of Maya, who is described as a 25-30 year old, gorgeous, African-American female. Maya is a confident, dedicated professional with a sensitive side.

** Taping is tentatively scheduled for late November/early December, which means she would likely first air during Spring 2015.

-- end quote.
Source: http://www.welovesoaps.net/2014/09/days-of-our-lives-casting-new-role-maya_12.html

PansyParkinson

Could this character be connected to Eric's past? Maybe she's somehow connected to Eric's Congo backstory. I've been dying for Eric's past to be explored. I hope they're doing it finally.
Edited by PansyParkinson, Sep 14 2014, 11:23 PM.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Days can(and has already) really benefit from having new blood on the show. I would prefer that past characters return or older characters get more of a spotlight but with the way the writing is those character's would probably turn insufferable after 2-3 months.

I mean just look at the show now. The only characters who aren't rage-inducing are Ari Jr (who's a baby), Paige (who's a wet blanket), JJ (for now at least), Hope (because she's been backburned for so long), and Marlena (see Hope).

If writing new characters into the show means we get to avoid having the vets ruined then so be it.

camera shy

PansyParkinson
Sep 14 2014, 10:45 PM
Could this character be connected to Eric's past? Maybe she's somehow connected to Eric's Congo backstory. I've been dying for Eric's past to be explored. I hope they're doing it finally.
That thought occurred to me too.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply