Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Casting call: Hispanic male, recurring; "Mateo"
Topic Started: Sep 11 2014, 11:13 PM (809 Views)
nananana7

-- Quote from Daytime Confidential:

Days of Our Lives Puts Out Casting Call for a Hispanic Male

Posted September 11, 2014
by Daytime Confidential

Days of Our Lives is gearing up for more diversity in Salem. The NBC soap opera has placed a casting call for “Mateo”, a handsome, part or fully Hispanic male who is 25-35 years old.

Mateo is considered to be charming and honest, which makes the women just melt at his feet. He’s got plenty of courage, which creates a wild and thrilling aura. Look for Mateo to be a recurring role with the chance of being upped to contract.

-- End quote.

source:
http://daytimeconfidential.com/2014/09/11/days-puts-casting-call-hispanic-male/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

If this ends up being a Dario recast, I'm so done.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

am103
Sep 11 2014, 11:13 PM
If this ends up being a Dario recast, I'm so done.
i would second you on this except that i don't think i could part with Haiden. but it definitely wouldn't make the show any less FF-worthy than it currently is (& will probably continue to be with the return of Teethy).

fundays13
Member Avatar

Instead of focusing on diversity, how about focusing on good storytelling? It feels like they are doing this sudden rush of non white charactets just to say " look at us!"

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

Hispanic, Asian, African Anerican casting calls?? Did the show get a directive from NBC days to diversify or what?

spartan
Member Avatar

Three years ago this would without a doubt have been for another Hernandez. Now who knows? NBC is definitely trying to diversity. I just hope they can act. It's not like the writers can craft a new character well so the actor is going to have to bring something special to the role in order to have a shelf life longer than a year.

Marlene

nananana7
Sep 11 2014, 11:13 PM
-- Quote from Daytime Confidential:

Days of Our Lives Puts Out Casting Call for a Hispanic Male

Posted September 11, 2014
by Daytime Confidential

Days of Our Lives is gearing up for more diversity in Salem. The NBC soap opera has placed a casting call for “Mateo”, a handsome, part or fully Hispanic male who is 25-35 years old.

Mateo is considered to be charming and honest, which makes the women just melt at his feet. He’s got plenty of courage, which creates a wild and thrilling aura. Look for Mateo to be a recurring role with the chance of being upped to contract.

-- End quote.

source:
http://daytimeconfidential.com/2014/09/11/days-puts-casting-call-hispanic-male/

What's the difference between Mateo and Dario? Toward the end of Dario's run, I was warming up to him. I was disappointed that he was a casualty of the change in regime to Mar/Dar.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I'm all for the diversity in Salem. Maybe they are trying to bring in new viewers this way. This is the whitest show ever. But all of these characters seem like "good guys" and sound really boring in their descriptions. Hope things play out better than that.

Bo -N- Hope
Member Avatar
I Would Carry You To The Ends Of The Earth Dont You Know That

fundays13
Sep 12 2014, 04:09 AM
Instead of focusing on diversity, how about focusing on good storytelling? It feels like they are doing this sudden rush of non white charactets just to say " look at us!"
How about focusing on the characters already on the canvas and writing GOOD stories for them!All this is gonna do is push people to the backburner even more than they already are.If the writers knew how to do cast interaction it wouldnt matter but jeez they arent gonna write for all these people fairly.All the new faces and its not even gonna look like days anymore.Hell it doesnt look like Days now... :shame:

nananana7

Nicole needs family.
For those who don't know, Nicole's mother was blonde but her father was fully Hispanic.

Nicole's brother Brandon is the son of the same blonde mother ...
but his father is Abe Carver, so Brandon isn't Hispanic.
(Yet Brandon was portrayed by an Hispanic actor).

Maybe Nicole has a cousin? Or a brother on her father's side?

Sariah
Member Avatar

Oh look, they're starting to gather the men together for Melanie's harem.

camera shy

DiMeraFan67
Sep 12 2014, 07:17 AM
I'm all for the diversity in Salem. Maybe they are trying to bring in new viewers this way. This is the whitest show ever. But all of these characters seem like "good guys" and sound really boring in their descriptions. Hope things play out better than that.
Well I hope they do a better job than the Y&R, they keep all of their black folk huddle together. Heaven forbide one of them gets to branch out with a non black character and get a real storyline going.

camera shy

nananana7
Sep 12 2014, 09:39 AM
Nicole needs family.
For those who don't know, Nicole's mother was blonde but her father was fully Hispanic.

Nicole's brother Brandon is the son of the same blonde mother ...
but his father is Abe Carver, so Brandon isn't Hispanic.
(Yet Brandon was portrayed by an Hispanic actor).

Maybe Nicole has a cousin? Or a brother on her father's side?
But the actor was black Hispanic in real life. What use to get me that they would talk about Brandon like he and Nicole shared the same two parents and I was like, "I see that the guy's black. What's up?"

nananana7

You have a point.

The term "Hispanic" doesn't denote skin color or race.
Persons of Hispanic culture can be of any skin color -- light to dark.
The term usually refers to being from a culture where Spanish is spoken.

You could have European ancestors, and/or African ancestors, and/or ancestors from the indigenous peoples of North America, and/or ancestors from the indigenous peoples of South America (or Central America). In South America, there are generations of persons of Asian ancestry --who grew up speaking Spanish and are part of Hispanic culture, especially in Peru.

from wikipedia re: "Hispanic"

The term commonly applies to countries once colonized by Spain, particularly the countries of Latin America that were colonized by Spain.

The U.S. Census Bureau defines the ethnonym Hispanic or Latino to refer to "a person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American (except for Brazil), or other Spanish culture or origin regardless of race.", and states that Hispanics or Latinos can be of any race, any ancestry, any ethnicity.
Edited by nananana7, Sep 13 2014, 09:41 AM.

Bo -N- Hope
Member Avatar
I Would Carry You To The Ends Of The Earth Dont You Know That

camera shy
Sep 12 2014, 10:08 AM
DiMeraFan67
Well I hope they do a better job than the Y&R, they keep all of their black folk huddle together. Heaven forbide one of them gets to branch out with a non black character and get a real storyline going.
:lol: BTW Malcolm looked so fine.Wish he could come back full time!!

camera shy

Bo -N- Hope
Sep 12 2014, 10:40 AM
camera shy
Sep 12 2014, 10:08 AM
DiMeraFan67
:lol: BTW Malcolm looked so fine.Wish he could come back full time!!
Now you know he's not going to leave that good paying job. :D

naptown
Member Avatar

I just find it funny/annoying that every casting call is for a "drop-dead gorgeous, confident, loyal ..." all sound like the same character descriptions. Look back over the last couple years at all the "drop-dead gorgeous" cast that have come and gone because they could not act or had chemistry with other characters or was the product of horrible writing.

concerned
Member Avatar

It seems pitched a bit young.
But please please please be Brandon.

nananana7

concerned
Sep 12 2014, 03:28 PM

Actor Matt Cedeño is still around.
He had a recurring role on "Devious Maids" this past season.
He has an upcoming guest spot on "Baby Daddy"
http://tvline.com/2014/08/29/baby-daddy-season-4-spoilers-matt-cedeno-bonnie-boyfriend/

If he's still doing guest spots and recurring roles on soapy-like shows, I would think he'd be available for Days. I really wish they'd bring him back as Brandon.

camera shy

nananana7
Sep 13 2014, 10:08 AM
concerned
Sep 12 2014, 03:28 PM

Actor Matt Cedeño is still around.
He had a recurring role on "Devious Maids" this past season.
He has an upcoming guest spot on "Baby Daddy"
http://tvline.com/2014/08/29/baby-daddy-season-4-spoilers-matt-cedeno-bonnie-boyfriend/

If he's still doing guest spots and recurring roles on soapy-like shows, I would think he'd be available for Days. I really wish they'd bring him back as Brandon.
They should, he would give Nicole some loving family, add some diversity and help fill out the thirtysomething crowd. I'd like to see him chemistry tested with Jordan.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply