Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Day of Days Interview with Shawn Christian
Topic Started: Nov 9 2014, 02:12 PM (2,382 Views)
lysie

Shawn Christian

Tell us whatís happening with Daniel.
Oh my God. The man is incapable of love. Heís spreading himself to thin. Heís had it with the women in his life. Women drive him insane. They drive him mad. So consequently heís given up on love in every capacity.

I thought you were about to go somewhere else with that.
Oh, he loves women. Donít make a mistake. He just has his hands in so many pots, he seems to be incapable of actual true love. Itís just a lovely odyssey. Itís funny because I was talking to Kassie, and we thought he was going to be with Eve for a moment. And when they brought Chloe back, we thought he was going to reconnect with her. He had it with Jennifer, and now Nicole has messed up his life with the trust and the mistrust.

Thereís some stuff coming up with Nicole.
They have seen each otherís darker demons, so itís one of these things where you get to see them work towards gaining back each otherís trusts. Itís a very difficult path. Itís interesting to watch Nicoleís unconventional methods to break Daniel down a bit. Itís funny for being categorized as a male whore, I think a lot of people were kind of stunned to find out he hasnít actually been to bed with any of these women in the last few interludes. Heís been somewhat morally behaved lately.

Jennifer and Daniel broke up again recently, but they werenít even together.
They were not together. Heís just so hard to hold down. Can you imagine living with a man like Daniel. He has some sort of a God complex Iíd imagine. He thinks he can fix the world. Itís very tough. I think thatís why he spreads himself so thin. Iíve solved diseases the CDC canít solve. Iíve taken a heart out of a cooler, opened Jenniferís chest cavity, and massaged it to life! And I was a stripper. You know, Iím going to have to think about the hats Daniel wore. Heart transplant in a dungeon. Stripper.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

Okay, Daniel may be a pain but SC is hilarious.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

No matter how awful Daniel is, I can't help but love Shawn Christian. His self-awareness of Daniel is admirable.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

I must be in some bizarre twilight zone - I actually liked SC in this interview and didn't roll my eyes and say WTH for a change. Now Jen Lilley's interview is another story ...

fundays13
Member Avatar

SC seems to get it where Daniel is concerned :applause:

I remember after the absurd Jen heart transplant thing he made a crack by comparing it to the McDonalds drive- thru

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

LOL, okay, this interview made me laugh. I still think Days should just embrace Daniel as the sleazebag that he is.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Hey... has he been reading this board??? LOL! Great answers! Great interview!

PatNS
Member Avatar

LMAO ... it's great that he has such of humour ... he needs it to relate to what his character has been through over the years.

Great interview. Thanks.

CrayCray
Member Avatar

Daniel has God complex.

He knows the character he's playing.

missmeka1987_
Member Avatar
Long Live Stefano (RIP JOE)

If the writers would stop trying so hard to make him a GOOD person his character would be more watchable in my personal opinion I think Daniel and Nicole's relationship would be way more mature, grown, classy, and sexier than him and Jennifer's As long as there's no middle person.. :shrug:
Edited by missmeka1987_, Nov 9 2014, 10:03 PM.

Romancer66

SC sounds like a nice guy with a decent sense of humor in real life. Pity he's playing someone so smug, self-righteous, and full of himself, whom the show wants the audience to worship as a demigod. Interesting that he thinks Daniel isn't capable of true love because he's spreading himself too thin. It's actually sort of insightful, and compatible with my own theory that Daniel doesn't know how to deal with women who aren't fawning fangirls or disposable fucktoys. He has to have the adoration from them, in one form or another--hence, the God complex.

Aaaand that's my quota of saying (semi)nice things about Daniel or his portrayer for the next three months at least.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar

Daniel really should be written more like SC.

He gets it. I have never minded him but this show has to back the focus off him a bit. He can be frontburner but he should not be central.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

This is why I can never full hate Daniel. I love Shawn Christian and he is always VERY consistent in his interviews regarding Daniel. Also, this isn't the first time SC has mentioned Daniel's God & hero complex. I remember reading in an interview once where he said something about being able to acknowledge Daniel's knack for falling for patients as well as his long succession of women & admitted to trying to play him as a bit of smarmy skirtchaser (my words, since I forget his exact phrasing) to make the character more interesting & believable. Unfortunately, the actual writing never seemed to correspond to that.

DJsMommy
Member Avatar

I like SC's interpretation of Daniel much better than TomSell's.

trojangal
Member Avatar

I like SC & he has always been sweet & funny every time I have met him & he
is always appreciative of his fans !

Maybe they should of had him play Dr Mike Horton instead of
Dr. Dan
Because then there would be no Danifer & no Eggbaby LOL

concerned
Member Avatar

I had a feeling of dread in my heart when I clicked on this thread but I was very pleasantly surprised.

Lady Evol
Member Avatar

I wish they wrote Daniel more this way- if he has a god complex, fine. Make him aware of it, give him snappy lines and turn him into a darker character. It's ridiculous that they write him as the hero on a white horse when everyone can see he's flawed and so full of himself he hurts everyone he cares about.

butterfly2

SC is a riot! :D

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply