Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Camila Banus reprises role as Gabi...
Topic Started: Dec 15 2014, 01:30 PM (3,541 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

CAMILA BANUS REPRISES HER ROLE AS GABI HERNANDEZ...

Posted Image

Camila Banus reprises her role as Gabi Hernandez on Monday, December 22 when Rafe, Will, Sonny and Arianna visit her in prison.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

UsagiChan101
Member Avatar

YAY! I wish it were longer just drive Melanie out of Salem FOREVER! I actually miss Gabi a lot which is shocking! :o

Mister
Member Avatar

It will be nice to see her. Wasn't a huge fan, but it makes sense.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

That's cool that they got Banus to do a cameo. Definitely don't want to see Gabi back permanently. Just not a necessary character.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Yay! Banus came a REALLY long way as an actress & by the time Gabi went to prison, she'd become one of my favorites. IMO, with better writing, Gabi could've been poised to be a strong, young adult heroine on the show. I hate that they never gave the character a true love match/relationship during her entire run on the show.

Kimba73
Member Avatar

It will be really nice to see Camilla back, even if it is for one episode!

Sevprince
Member Avatar

I would love Sonny to be free from these jokes. :puke:

DCgirl
Member Avatar

I'm so happy to see her back. I can't wait to see her with Rafe, Ari, Sonny and Will. :wub: :P

am103
Member Avatar

Jason47
Dec 15 2014, 01:30 PM
CAMILA BANUS REPRISES HER ROLE AS GABI HERNANDEZ...

Posted Image

Camila Banus reprises her role as Gabi Hernandez on Monday, December 22 when Rafe, Will, Sonny and Arianna visit her in prison.
Great news! It's insane how much Gabi grew on me after Arianna was born, as well as how much Camila Banus grew as an actress during her time on Days. I will definitely be watching that day! ;)

Luce

I'm happy about this. More for continuity/believability of storytelling than anything. It bothers me that we are constantly expected to be okay with people forgetting their friends and family members completely, or brushing off their absence as if it is no big consequence. And then when they DO mention those people, it is so transparently written as an excuse that I end up cringing. They might as well just turn to the camera and say "this character isn't important enough to be on screen, so here, have a crumb!"

So, this one-day cameo is very welcome, as far as I'm concerned. I'm very glad Camila agreed to it, and I hope it will be appropriately emotional.

nananana7
Member Avatar

I loathed the character of Gabi a couple of years ago. Couldn't wait for her to get her comeuppance for all her manipulations of Chad/Melanie/stalker. etc.

Eventually I found her merely pitiable. Hated her dating Nick. eewwww. So much propping of the homophobe because he gave her attention.

But then ... with the whole Nick-rivergate-coven plot, she began to be interesting.

By the last month I was totally in her corner, cheering her on, and applauding her.

Camilla Banus was awesome the last few weeks she was on. I actually watched her scenes twice. Who'd a thunk it? I give credit to her growth as an actress.

I hated the character of Nick Fallon. I felt angry that his character abused Will and Gabi (both in different ways). I was glad he was dead. It was stupid that the only way he could leave was for his abused ex to kill him. But that's how they wrote it, and Camilla acted it believably.
Edited by nananana7, Dec 15 2014, 02:15 PM.

wilsonforever18

I am actually happy about this. While I have no sympathy for Gabi, I've been itching for a while to see how Gabi is doing in prison. It'll be nice to see her with the boys, Rafe, and Ari.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Yay! :yahoo:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sunnyways
Member Avatar

Chiming in to say how pleased I am for the Gabi/Camilla cameo. And I agree, it's nice for continuity's sake as I have read the story's here about people going up to the attic for something and never being seen or heard from again! LOL

boogie

Glad Gabi is back its too bad its for only one episode. I felt CB really improved in her acting by the time she left and i wasnt even that big fan of her character but, she actually made me feel her pain when she went to prison. Right now i would trade Gabi for Melanie i am so sick of the Jonas show and its making me not want to watch

JaimeLannister
Member Avatar

I feel like CB is one of the few, specifically younger, actors who grew in her craft from the start of her run to the end.

I haven't caught the show in some time but I might just tune in to see Gabi and Ari reunite.

rss
Member Avatar

JaimeLannister
Dec 15 2014, 02:58 PM
I feel like CB is one of the few, specifically younger, actors who grew in her craft from the start of her run to the end.

I haven't caught the show in some time but I might just tune in to see Gabi and Ari reunite.
I agree. One other actor who improved IMO is Casey. He played JJ terribly at first but he has been much improved.

I like it when young actors finally learn their craft. I hate it when young actors look like a deer in headlights and never change.

jaygal
Member Avatar

Hi Gabster. This is a good thing, I really enjoyed Gabi toward the end of her time at days so appearances here and there are all good in my book.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I like this news, but if this is the "Vet" SOD was talking about....lol

SKBaldwin

:sheep: What an early Christmas present! :birthday:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply