Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Red Rock; Premieres January 7, 2015
Topic Started: Dec 17 2014, 08:28 AM (744 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Promo for the new TV3 soap in Ireland with a police theme that premieres on January 7, 2015 and I believe will air twice a week.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Oh man! Thanks for that! I think I already love it!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Manny
Member Avatar

Wow, I never thought I'd see a premiere of a new soap! Cool!

Drew
Member Avatar

I'm looking forward. Hopefully it shows up on the usual sites.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

I just watched the first episode.

The weird Roseanne theme will take some getting used to for a soap opera. However, I found it to be a lot more polished than I imagined. I was also happy that I never struggled to understand what anybody was saying in their Irish brogues. The first episode never lagged either and has the gritty vibe of The Killing.

Richard Flood, who plays James McKay, has the first line in the series, simply being "McKay," as he answers his phone. I could have sworn I knew him from somewhere, but looking up his IMDb, it seems very unlikely. He must have one of those faces. No actor should out in a bad way and like I said about the production of the show, the actors seems more polished and even prettier, for lack of a better word, than I imagined.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

If anyone knows where I can see this,I'd appreciate a pm. Not finding it in any of my usual places.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
Jan 8 2015, 11:38 AM
If anyone knows where I can see this,I'd appreciate a pm. Not finding it in any of my usual places.
You have to cheat, Gramps. I watched it on the official TV3 site, using the FireFox plug-in, HOLA.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Episode 2:

The two matriarchs being the pit bulls and catalysts for the reignited rivalry between the Hennesys and Kielys is a nice touch. I wonder how long it will be before we get a scene of them going head to head. Something to look forward towards.

The noble copper being led astray by her partner by telling her not to shop a colleague in to their hot boss (Richard Flood, whose face seems burned in my brain as someone recognizable) about sleeping with a minor is always a frustrating story to watch. I was one of the few people in existence to watch Treme, so I should have the stomach for it. Though they did leave a minor loophole in that she may not have been underage, just like they have with the Kiely murder by Michael stating he was provoked. How, we have yet to know, if true.

I forgot to mention this in my first episode post, but the actor playing David Hennesy seems a strange choice to be a Romeo type character. He resembles the same likeness of one of my favourite people, Xavier Dolan. In the same vein, the actress portraying Claire has a strong resemblance to Ashley Slanina-Davies. If you told me they were related, I wouldn't bat an eye.

Plotwise, a fourth story was introduced. Patricia Hennesy (the matriarch) having an affair with the father of the witness who claimed Michael initiated the fight. As this was clearly happening before the murder, I wonder what reasons they have for keeping it silent.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

jannajives.pw has Red Rock for DL

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

The download worked. I got episode 1 but haven't much time to watch yet. The Hola thing didn't work for me. I did everything the way it instructed but when I would click on the video at Channel 3 nothing happened. Thanks guys .

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

The opposite happened with episode 2. The download kept failing. So I tried one more time to install Hola and it worked perfectly. Thanks for telling me about that Mikey! I really like the show a lot. And the newly returned mother is a fierce bitch and I could swear I know her from somewhere.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Okay Drew, if Gramps (finally!) figured it out, you have no excuse.

Drew
Member Avatar

I watched both today and really liked it.

I wonder if the two families aren't too connected though. The daughter and son seems enough. The mother and father feels like over kill.

The head of the station also looks familiar to me as well. I don't know if you're old enough to remember but he kind of looks like PJ Paul from YTV

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
Jan 10 2015, 08:28 PM
I watched both today and really liked it.

I wonder if the two families aren't too connected though. The daughter and son seems enough. The mother and father feels like over kill.

The head of the station also looks familiar to me as well. I don't know if you're old enough to remember but he kind of looks like PJ Paul from YTV
Mother Hennesey is hooking up with the dad of the witness girl. Not the father of the Kiely family.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

I know why the actress playing Bridget(Brigid?) Kiely looks familiar. It finally came to me but it was a letdown. She looks exactly like a woman I worked with years ago. I don't think I've seen any of the cast in other roles.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Sad to say, Hola made my laptop, especially YouTube really slow so I won't be able to continue watching. Sorry if the same has happened to you Gramps.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Jan 20 2015, 03:39 PM
Sad to say, Hola made my laptop, especially YouTube really slow so I won't be able to continue watching. Sorry if the same has happened to you Gramps.
Not yet buddy. I notice when I'm in my apartment that I get a lot of buffering and the shows freeze. I pulled over on the side of the road this morning and watched last night's Broadchurch with no problem. I got an update after that so I'm not sure how it will be tomorrow. I'm hoping it will still work.

Drew
Member Avatar

Hola? What thing is this? I'm just downloading from fileshares, no effort.

Drew
Member Avatar

I take it I'm the only one watching this?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply