Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Empire
Topic Started: Jan 7 2015, 10:33 PM (4,419 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Discuss!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

This show is goooooooooooooooooood! Taraji P. Henson as Cookie is my everything!

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Cookie don't play.

Loved the pilot. I am hooked.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Such a good show. I was upset it was over. The hour FLEW by.

Taraji P. Henson is everything. Cookie is everything. Loved everything about her. Loved how she beat Hakeem's disrespectful ass with the broom. Loved her shade at "Halle Berry", the relationship she has with Lucious, the relationship she has with Jamal.

I was bored by Andre and his wife, but I'm still interested in them. Hope to see them explored some more so I can give a damn.

This show is so fucking good and it was simply the pilot.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I agree about Andre and his wife Rhonda. I'm definitely intrigued by them, but they were sort of the weak part of the show. I'm sure that'll change once we get to know them more. Especially considering the look in Andre's eyes when he was able to convince Cookie to manage Jamal.

I can't wait for Cookie to interact with Andre's "white wife," LOL! Her interactions with Jamal's boyfriend Michael were cracking me up!

Mason
Member Avatar

I loved the pilot! It was so ballsy, it almost didn't seem like a network show at times (which is about the biggest compliment I can possibly give to a network drama these days).

Apparently Lee Daniels said he wanted to make a "black Dynasty" with this show. I could definitely see some obvious parallels throughout the hour.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Yeah, from the promos leading up to the premiere, I immediately thought this show was going to be like a "black Dynasty." Cookie oozes ghetto ratchet Alexis Carrington.

Mason
Member Avatar

Cookie and her assistant were hilarious this week. I can't wait for the inevitable beatdown between Cookie and Lucious's new girl (Annika?).

Andre is still kind of meh, but I really liked his wife in this episode.

I can't believe how much I love this show.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Bitch put on A BIB!!!!

I'm still cracking up over that.

Manny
Member Avatar

Love this show! I had no idea it was starting now, nor what was it about, until I saw you guys talk about it here.

Love the drama, intrigue and family schemes! Really soapy and fun! Cookie is awesome!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I agree with Mason. Cookie and her assistant are hilarious together!

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

I'm hooked and excited that it was renewed for a second season!

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

sneak peak of tonight's episode

Empire 1x3
Edited by EJ_SamiFF, Jan 21 2015, 01:41 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUCAS ♥

I caught the pilot and was instantly hooked...then I missed the second show and went crazy looking for it on demand and finally found it and watched it...now I really can't wait to see what's about to go down.

It's obvious that Jamal will be the only one there to clean his father's ass in the end....and I'm really looking forward to the moment he realizes that the ONLY one with true talent AND a great heart is the gay son he dismisses and trashes. Cookie is my EVERYTHING.....she doesn't play and I really do think she struck a deal with the feds to get out of jail sooner but in the end, she's not going to screw this up so I see her staling the feds....let's see how long that will last.

It's obvious that Lucious and her will end up in bed together sooner or later...and I can't wait to see her reaction to finding out he's sick....THAT moment should be good.

I love the show and so glad it got renewed.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

This show gets better each week.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUCAS ♥

I'm rooting for Jamal to take over the Empire with the legit talent he has and make it bigger than his father ever imagined it would be.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

Posted Image

:hail:

Posted Image

:blulaugh:
Edited by EJ_SamiFF, Jan 22 2015, 10:26 AM.

Daytime
Member Avatar

"God, do not withhold your blessings. Even from hoes who hire skanks to spy me on me..." :hail: :hail:

Mason
Member Avatar

That dinner blessing scene was just gold.

rosegold
Member Avatar

I just watched the first 3 episodes and OMG COOKIE IS LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · FOX Primetime · Next Topic »
Add Reply