Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, February 18th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 17 2015, 10:58 PM (13,506 Views)
james0479
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Don't forget a hearty breakfast! Happy Wednesday. Discuss.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bdmommy

Ah the product placement ads....my personal favorite are the midol ones, LOL!
Edited by bdmommy, Feb 17 2015, 11:38 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ophelia
Member Avatar

As always, I must share this :)

Spoiler: click to toggle
Edited by Ophelia, Feb 18 2015, 12:02 AM.

Kimba73
Member Avatar

Ophelia, that video really made me miss Colbert! :frownie:

Ophelia
Member Avatar

Kimba73
Feb 18 2015, 12:16 AM
Ophelia, that video really made me miss Colbert! :frownie:
Me too! I don't know what this upcoming election cycle -- or the world! -- will be like without Stewart and Colbert. :(

presley cat
Member Avatar

Hair and makeup needs to take a look at her hair in this photo and then decide what the hell happened !!!

If you can't fix this mess get her a wig because her hair is so awful now it's distracting.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Product placement annoys the crap out of me. Isn't it bad enough there are 20+ commercials in between show segments? And they wonder why people lose interest and change channels.
Edited by Rosebud, Feb 18 2015, 09:42 AM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Just look how great the production values were under Tomlin. NOT! The lighting on Melanie looks awful!

As for product placement, I've never been one to be annoyed by it. I do think the writers fail at pulling it off a lot though. There are ways to insert product placement without making the characters sound like complete cheeseballs.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Feb 18 2015, 10:11 AM.

Lovejm

JJ/Eve and Melanie are back today. It was a nice reprieve :( They make my head hurt.
Edited by Lovejm, Feb 18 2015, 11:31 AM.

jwsel
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Feb 18 2015, 10:11 AM
Just look how great the production values were under Tomlin. NOT! The lighting on Melanie looks awful!

As for product placement, I've never been one to be annoyed by it. I do think the writers fail at pulling it off a lot though. There are ways to insert product placement without making the characters sound like complete cheeseballs.
I always thought TPTB made the product placement over the top cheesy on purpose. By making it so blatant, they increased the chance of things going viral and got people talking about the product placement. That means more people see the product placement via video, increases the exposure of the product, and makes the advertiser happy. Subtle product placement doesn't do that.

DCgirl
Member Avatar

Melanie and Serena looking up stuff on Dr. Mandrake.

Jennifer wants to talk to JJ now.

Eve and Theresa.

Nicole and Daniel.

Marlena and Will.

Sonny and Paul.

DCgirl
Member Avatar

Hope wants Aiden to go over every detail of the night Meredith died.

Sonny screaming at Paul about why did you sleep with him. Paul claims it was just the one time and you told me to move on. Sonny screams at him "well I didn't tell you to sleep with my husband." Paul looks like "beg pardon?"

Lovejm

Man Jennifer needs a life and to get out of JJ's a little. She is overbearing.

Marlena again! No wonder we didn't see her for a while before this week.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

DCgirl
Feb 18 2015, 12:07 PM

Eve and Theresa.

Nicole and Daniel.

Marlena and Will.

Sonny and Paul.
Meanwhile on my tv over on Y&R, all f*ing hell is breaking loose! :D

DCgirl
Member Avatar

Aiden tells Hope that he doesn't know why Meredith thought he was trying to kill her. He loved Meredith but he loved Chase more. He doesn't know where she came up with this stuff. Hope brings up about the antifreeze. Aiden doesn't have any idea how the antifreeze got there. Meredith probably put it there. I don't hate her anymore. She was trying to protect our son. Ever since I've been trying to do the same thing.

Lovejm

Rosebud
Feb 18 2015, 12:10 PM
DCgirl
Feb 18 2015, 12:07 PM

Eve and Theresa.

Nicole and Daniel.

Marlena and Will.

Sonny and Paul.
Meanwhile on my tv over on Y&R, all f*ing hell is breaking loose! :D
I'm assuming one of their sweeps plot lines isn't an elephant statue LOL

Lovejm

Lovejm
Feb 18 2015, 12:09 PM
Man Jennifer needs a life and to get out of JJ's a little. She is overbearing.

Marlena again! No wonder we didn't see her for a while before this week.
Editing- didn't realize he was failing classes :) she can proceed

DCgirl
Member Avatar

Daniel tells Nicole how Eric told him that she had apologized to him and Serena. He is proud of her. She says how I wasn't trying to gain points with you. He says something about you have to do this for you. He goes to leave. She says is that all you wanted to talk to me about.

Jennifer tells JJ how she saw this email from his English professor and if he misses one more class he will fail. She is upset. She wants to know what is going on.

Theresa and Eve talking to Melanie and Serena. Their talking about Eric and Brady.

DCgirl
Member Avatar

Marlena gives Will back Sonny's wedding ring.

Paul tells Sonny that I never slept with your husband. Paul says you never told me your husband name. He never talked about you. He never wore his wedding ring. Abe walks in on Sonny screaming at Paul to get out NOW.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

jwsel
Feb 18 2015, 11:28 AM
DrewHamilton
Feb 18 2015, 10:11 AM

I always thought TPTB made the product placement over the top cheesy on purpose. By making it so blatant, they increased the chance of things going viral and got people talking about the product placement. That means more people see the product placement via video, increases the exposure of the product, and makes the advertiser happy. Subtle product placement doesn't do that.
Guess that's why I'm not in advertising, LOL!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply