Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, February 19th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 18 2015, 11:34 PM (15,657 Views)
james0479
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Happy Thursday! Discuss.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

james0479
Feb 18 2015, 11:34 PM
Posted Image

Happy Thursday! Discuss.
Damn do I miss him. I tried giving Guy Wilson the benefit of the doubt (that was one HELL of a role to step into), but Guy is NOT Will. I'd even take back Chandler's non-stop inappropriate smirking over GW's one-note portrayal.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

I wanted a Will/Sonny wedding picture but then thought I'd do a picture of Dylan Patton with the caption "What would Dylan Patton do?" But that punch line is too easy. "He'd screw Mia"...and I don't want none of that sooooo I went for Chandler. For me, Chandler was THE Will Horton. My love and kindness to Guy Wilson. I appreciate his work and he's a super nice dude. But we all have different flavors we enjoy. Chandler was just good to me....even with those annoying final month quirks.

sonnyfan38

I love Guy Wilson and I'm really sad and very disappointed to read some reviews that call into question his talent or worse still consider his person, human being and not the character! You can admire Chandeler Massey without for as much disrespect to Guy!

I'm glad that Guy is radiant and happy to interpret Will because before my screen, it gives me lots of emotions and know that in life Guy enttent well with Freddie was a great satisfaction for me. I'm of the Wilson team since the beginning, today and tomorrow!

Keep an open mind :cheers:

nananana7
Member Avatar

I enjoy Guy's portrayal.

But for me ... I watch more for the story than the actors ... so I'm just not attached to any of the actors that portrayed Will. They all have their positives and drawbacks.

So for me, it's more about me supporting Will Horton, even when the character is written to be an idiot. However if the bad storyline continues, I'll tune out.

I liked the character of Sami, but the writing for her got so bad that I stopped watching Days for several years.

When I watch a storyline, I imagine, "what if this were happening to me or one of my loved ones, how would I feel?". I don't worry so much about how the acting is done on my screen.

For me, the writing is most important.

I know True O'Brien seems lackluster but -- the writing of her character's storyline has been shitty from the start.
I'm not sure anyone could make Paige interesting.
Kassie DePaiva is an awesome actress, but her character's storyline is shit and I just cannot watch.

Arianne Zucker is one of the few soap actors who can give a goldstar performance to shitty writing and even make you support her character even more.

Lovejm

I feel just awful for the WilSon fans, hate seeing couples in a mess like this. But I am enjoying the story though and can't wait for the fallout.

Marlene

am103
Feb 19 2015, 12:28 AM
james0479
Posted Image

Happy Thursday! Discuss.
Damn do I miss him. I tried giving Guy Wilson the benefit of the doubt (that was one HELL of a role to step into), but Guy is NOT Will. I'd even take back Chandler's non-stop inappropriate smirking over GW's one-note portrayal.

Completely agree. I miss Will. FauxWill just isn't cutting it for me.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Wah! I miss Massey as Will! :(

gidi51

Yes I miss Chandlere too he is Will Horton for me. Guy simply is not right for this charachter, by this I don't say he is bad actor. Other thing is the writers.. they destroy wilson.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I actually don't think Wilson is a good actor. At all. He always has that blank stare going on.

SKBaldwin

I can hear Sonny now: :soapbox:

lysie
Member Avatar

I guess I've missed people questioning Guy Wilson as a person lol. He's a really nice guy. I can't stand watching him onscreen though. I don't think Will would come across much better with CM in the role because the writing for him has been pretty terrible. And I totally had an open mind for a recast. CM was getting hard to watch at the end. But what we have now is just awful.

txshecat0423

It's funny the different perceptions of "Will" that people have - Chris Gerse will always be Will for me.

seanny
Member Avatar

Can we just get a new Will period? I liked Chandler as Will, but he sucked as a part of WilSon.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I really liked Chandler as Will until he got over working at Days. Then I wanted him gone...now I would take him back even if he was still in zombie mode because Guy Wilson's best is still not even that good. The guy just can't act...it doesn't make him a bad person.

I really just want a recast, whether they go back to Chandler or just someone new that can show more range. I would find it hard to like Will in any way during this situation and I have a feeling that regardless of who was playing will that I would be Team Sonny/Paul right now, but GW definitely hurts my perception of Will even more.

I do think this is the best story on the show by a MILE and its spinning off the only stories that I'm enjoying at all, which are Clyde vs. Victor and Justin/Adrienne/Lucas. But how much better could it be with a capable actor in the role?

Chilady
Member Avatar

james0479
Posted Image

Happy Thursday! Discuss.
My hockey loving side comes out every time I see him. He looks like Patrick Kane.

Lovejm

A good actor makes all the difference. I may have disliked a lot about the Haiden reveal but DC was so good. Imagine a crappy actor doing those scenes? That's all we would have been talking about. It's too bad GW's acting is taking away from how good the WilSon and Paul story is now.

james0479
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 19 2015, 11:18 AM
I guess I've missed people questioning Guy Wilson as a person lol. He's a really nice guy. I can't stand watching him onscreen though. I don't think Will would come across much better with CM in the role because the writing for him has been pretty terrible. And I totally had an open mind for a recast. CM was getting hard to watch at the end. But what we have now is just awful.
I suppose I missed something as well.....I even used words like "love kindness, super nice dude" when describing Guy. Oh well. Lol. The recast news and how all that went down so fast is still an interesting little story but I was open to it as well. I remember most of us saying "maybe it's for the best", while we mostly loved Chandler we kinda all agreed he was possibly over it. Still, I appreciated his work overall. But I enjoyed Tanner ...so what do I know? ;)

I love the person who said Chris Gearse is WILL to them...because I can appreciate that. He was on for a long time and it would've been interesting, in ways, to see him still in it. I don't want to give the impression that I hate Will. I love Will. I've known that boy his entire life....I'll move on from my disagreements with his choices eventually. Hell, I posted a lovely goodbye about Sami and Alison on her last day. ;). Lol.

marybee50
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 19 2015, 11:18 AM
I don't hate Guy,nor do I blame him for anything.I do dislike how tptb handled the whole transition from Chandler to Guy.The abrupt change did nothing to soothe disappointed fans of Chandler.Yes he was not putting enough effort into his scenes at the end,but from time to time I did still see the Chandler I love.There should have been some sort of break in between the actors.

The passion I felt for WilSon is no longer there,but I do like the current s/l considering what else we have on the screen.But,I do think they should look to recast at an appropriate time,so there isn't another recast debacle.

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

I don't think Chandler would come back. He wanted to leave and I don't see him returning like other actors did. :shrug: They just have to find a better actor to play Will.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply