Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Casting Teen Joey; And another teen
Topic Started: Mar 4 2015, 09:17 AM (4,344 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

No clue what happened to the first thread...

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/teen-casting-days
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Hmm, weird. I'll post again, though.

I'm on board with this decision. I can see them aging Joey to deal with abandonment issues if Steve is really coming back for the 50th anniversary.

I hope they're aging Ciara and Theo too! I was pissed they didn't when they aged JJ.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

If they are aging Joey they need to soras Theo and Ciara too.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I liked the kid who played Joey, this past Christmas he finally got some lines.

esp13
Member Avatar

Well, I like this news. Particularly if Joey is resentful to the guy who abandoned him right to his face. :)

JaimeLannister
Member Avatar
The Kingslayer

His characterization sounds similar to JJ's. I'm cool with this if it gives Kayla more airtime but I hope Joey's story isn't a redux of JJ's.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I just read the cast blurb again. They're also casting "16 year old sweet Elijah." Maybe that's Theo!

Restless84
Member Avatar

I was thinking they might SORAS Joey. It makes sense to me. JJ needs more people to interact with and even though Joey is younger they could still be part of the same group, plus they are cousins.

I'm sure they are going to need a teenage girl too.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Thinking about this again, I could definitely see Higley aging Theo. Might play up his autism again, given her experience with raising a teen son on the spectrum.

leela46
Member Avatar

So is this actually Steve and Kayla's Joey, or just the name being used in the casting call? If they're aging Joey they need to age Ciara, Chase, and Theo too. Actually I guess Elijah could be a teen Theo.

Bring back a sorasd Allie and they could have a nice teen set.
Edited by leela46, Mar 4 2015, 09:30 AM.

Hugo
Member Avatar

I hope this means that Steve is coming back.

elizhope
Member Avatar

Yea, are we sure the casting call is for actually "Joey" aka Kayla/Steve's kid or are they just using a fake name for the audition? And I agree, if they soras Joey that much, i would think they have to Soras Theo and Ciara. Which makes me sad, because those two have been on the show forever and I adore them! Especially Lauren Boles

Tolubie1

Not encouraging or surprising that the first bit of casting related news is a new teen set.

Lovejm

I'm okay with them bringing on some teens, especially of legacy characters. Would love to see Ciara and Claire as teens too. They could be good sort of naughty and nice rivals.

DCgirl
Member Avatar

Well this is interesting. So this is really for Kayla's son, Joey?

I wonder now if they will age Ciara, Theo and Chase as well? I agree about bringing back a teenaged Allie. It would be fun to see Lucas dealing with her. lol

thepadange

I don't want Ciara SORASed. Lauren is such a cute actress, she could do so much more than what they give her.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

16 already,feels like yesterday he was born,oh wait,he was born almost TWO years AFTER Ciara and now he's gonna be older.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

To be honest, I think Lauren Boles is overrated. She's your typical child soap star. Very generic in her acting. I see nothing special about her. She's certainly no Camryn or Kimberly.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Mar 4 2015, 10:16 AM
To be honest, I think Lauren Boles is overrated. She's your typical child soap star. Very generic in her acting. I see nothing special about her. She's certainly no Camryn or Kimberly.
Kimberly is overrated too. #hateallaround

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Mar 4 2015, 10:17 AM
DrewHamilton
Mar 4 2015, 10:16 AM
Kimberly is overrated too. #hateallaround
We all know you hate child actors! LOL

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply