Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Veteran Status and Banning
Topic Started: Mar 28 2015, 01:20 PM (1,868 Views)
JaimeLannister
Member Avatar

I hope I'm allowed to ask two questions in one thread. Somethings I've been wondering about for a while:

1) How many warnings do you get before you get banned?

2) And how long do you have to be a member and/or how many number of posts gets you to veteran status? I've seen people who joined in 2013 reach 'vet' status yet others who joined earlier aren't. Just curious how its worked out.

Thanks in advance!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

JaimeLannister
Mar 28 2015, 01:20 PM
I hope I'm allowed to ask two questions in one thread. Somethings I've been wondering about for a while:

1) How many warnings do you get before you get banned?

2) And how long do you have to be a member and/or how many number of posts gets you to veteran status? I've seen people who joined in 2013 reach 'vet' status yet others who joined earlier aren't. Just curious how its worked out.

Thanks in advance!
1) It's technically 3-4, but any banning is done on a case-by-case basis.

One thing that confuses people is that you (each member) has five squares that get filled in as you receive warnings. However, the first warning fills up two squares, the second warning fills up the third square, and the third warning fills up the final two squares. I have no idea why that happens like that, but I know it's confused people before. Warnings and bannings are actually a lot of work for us (or more than we're interested in most of the time) and some of us (okay, me) are prone to messing it up, so it doesn't happen as often as some people seem to think.

2) I'm not positive about the exact numbers, but it's based on post count. I think veteran status is reached at 7,000 posts (I'm purely basing that on having seen someone's name change colors earlier today). It is also possible for staff to manually change member status, so occasionally we'll go through and "promote" some, and sometimes we move people into specific groups for other purposes, too.

JaimeLannister
Member Avatar

Thanks for answering, Lysie!

Gosh, I doubt I'll ever get to veteran status if the criterion is 7000 posts. I'm taking forever to get to 1000.

txshecat0423

Haha...it will never happen for me. I've been a member since December 2007 but only have 31 posts! I'm always in "lurker" status :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DR Member Technical Help · Next Topic »
Add Reply