Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
General Hospital Is Going Live in May.
Topic Started: Apr 2 2015, 09:57 AM (1,946 Views)
GHFan738

This should be interesting.

http://www.people.com/people/mobile/article/0,,20912357,00.html?xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
^ My face watching DAYS

This will fail just like all the other "live" episodes before it.

thepadange
Member Avatar

My first thought was it's April 1, but then I saw that it was posted on April 2.

I wish Days did something like that ;) for their 50th.
Edited by thepadange, Apr 2 2015, 02:29 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I get the challenge it'll be for the actors, who probably love the idea. However, I find it completely unnecessary.

GHFan738

Mitchapalooza
Apr 2 2015, 02:25 PM
How is it going to fail? It's a regular episode, just done live. It's something different, like the flashback episode from yesterday.

GHFan738

thepadange
Apr 2 2015, 02:28 PM
My first thought was it's April 1, but then I saw that it was posted on April 2.

I wish Days did something like that ;) for their 50th.
I guess that they did this on OLTL too, for a whole week. I'm not sure what Days has planned, but they should take notes. I find this more interesting then Day's dream episode, that they were so proud of.

natdot99
Member Avatar

It called a jumping the shark routine, lol.

GHFan738

DrewHamilton
Apr 2 2015, 03:14 PM
I get the challenge it'll be for the actors, who probably love the idea. However, I find it completely unnecessary.
Just because its unnecessary, that doesn't mean that it won't be fun to watch. Some think it will be the Nurse's Ball. I hope not. That would be a bit of a waste.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Eh I don't enjoy these. I am not into watching and waiting for people to flub their lines or unable to control their laughter.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

The May 2002 Live Week for One Life to Live was by no means a "fail"

In fact, it's probably being used as a template for how to do this.

DiMera87
Member Avatar

Yeah the OLTL live week was actually a pretty big success and the work that Kassie DePaiva did is considered the best work of her career by most.

Drew
Member Avatar

Valentini was around for live week wasn't he?

If done right it's an opportunity for surprises not just acting flubs. (Corrie's train stunt, Eastenders killer reveals and shock deaths) It's been so long now since the OLTL one but I'm pretty sure there were some story shocks in there.

When soaps do this globally there's an effort to make the episodes important so hopefully they can do that here. If they just film a typical wednesday script live it wouldn't be much of a challenge since they don't typically do a second take as it is.
Edited by Drew, Apr 4 2015, 03:02 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

GHFan738

Thank you guys. I do believe that Frank and Ron were part of the OLTL live weeks and after they're retro show, I doubt it will be a throw away. The actors took it very seriously and I'm sure that they will do the same. Flubbing lines won't be tolerated. I've read that Frank doesn't even like them when the show is being taped.

I hope you're right and it will be a major event. Maybe this will be Duke's exit.

DiMera87
Member Avatar

The good thing about the live week is that they'll be enticed to use their stronger actors instead of just having a regular episode. Like mentioned above there's going to be some type of huge reveal or surprise during these episodes, pretty much a given. This is something that's gone on since the beginning of soaps so I think its really cool to do this. I wish they were doing a week, but I know this is a challenge for soaps nowadays.

Jo Ann Zinaman

Mitchapalooza

It would be Better if you would wait and see it before Deciding that It won't be any Good. After it is over, then you could say I knew that it would not be any good or that It would be All Messed Up if that is how It Turned Out. However, It may be A Big Success and A Great Show with Either Big Reveals OR Great Performances. Jody

GHFan738

Jo Ann Zinaman
Apr 5 2015, 11:48 PM
Mitchapalooza

It would be Better if you would wait and see it before Deciding that It won't be any Good. After it is over, then you could say I knew that it would not be any good or that It would be All Messed Up if that is how It Turned Out. However, It may be A Big Success and A Great Show with Either Big Reveals OR Great Performances. Jody
I'm not sure which live shows they are talking about. As stated, Ron and Frank were part of the OLTL ones. If they were a major fail, I doubt they would bother. A lot of effort goes into it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply