Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Emmy Reels; Pop TV
Topic Started: Apr 4 2015, 06:55 PM (4,768 Views)
GHFan738

The Emmy reels for Lead Actress, Lead Actor, Supporting Actress, Supporting Actor, Younger Actress, Younger Actor and Guest Star has been posted.

http://poptv.com/daytime_emmys

Edited by GHFan738, Apr 9 2015, 04:54 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DiMera87
Member Avatar

Younger Actress

1) Camila Banus
2) Haley Pullos
3/4) Kristen Alderson/HHK (Both reels suck)

Younger Actor
There are no worthy winners here. I think I hated Tequan Richmond's the least.

missmeka1987_
Member Avatar
Long Live Stefano (RIP JOE)

Camila Hands down should win Haley's reel was amazing also Hunter imo is very over rated :ermm: :ermm:

am103
Member Avatar

I still think Camila Banus will win Younger Actress. She blew the other three out of the water. Kristen Alderson wasn't as good in her reel as I would've expected. I really think she gets worse as she gets older.

I didn't watch any of the Younger Actor reels except for Freddie Smith, and just by what I've seen I don't think he'll win. He was clearly outshined by CB in that clip. I think there were several better scenes that Freddie could've picked for his reel.

DiMera87
Member Avatar

am103
Apr 4 2015, 10:26 PM
I still think Camila Banus will win Younger Actress. She blew the other three out of the water. Kristen Alderson wasn't as good in her reel as I would've expected. I really think she gets worse as she gets older.

I didn't watch any of the Younger Actor reels except for Freddie Smith, and just by what I've seen I don't think he'll win. He was clearly outshined by CB in that clip. I think there were several better scenes that Freddie could've picked for his reel.
Freddie's reel was weird to watch for me. I've always kinda liked him and I didn't really warm up to Camila at all until the Nick story was playing out for a little bit. I've said it a million times how good I think she was towards the end, but it was just weird to go back and watch her totally be better than Freddie in those scenes.

I can't even call that category because I didn't enjoy any of the reels, but since they're going against each other I wouldn't count any of them out.

jdawg1077

I watched all of the reels, and Banus seems to be the best. I do think that Haley and Kristen are somewhat interchangeable for 2nd and 3rd. Both reels were fine, but Kristen's last few seconds packed a punch. And Haley's was *slightly* overshadowed by NLG at times. But if you're arguing between 2nd and 3rd, it's a bit moot.

Either way, it's clear to me that Camila Banus had the best reel of the four actresses. There really is no comparison here, IMO. Great emotion, great story, great impact. Fear, sadness, guilt. It was all there. And when she talked about Nick being "so surprised"? Boom.

1. Camila Banus

2. Kristen Alderson (or Haley Pullos)

3. Haley Pullos (or Kristen Alderson)

4. Hunter King

jdawg1077

Copied from my post on another board:

Watched the reels.

Bryan Craig - A good performance. Natural acting. But MB gets most of the lines, most of the emotion, and packs most of the punch. Craig is sort of overshadowed here by his screen partner. It's a fine performance, but I don't think it will win an Emmy.

Max Ehrich - Same as above. Natural acting. Slightly overshadowed by others. The reel is too short to have any kind of serious impact. The hug was very sweet though.

Freddie Smith - Great reel. It's short, but it's all emotion. Freddie does incredulous anger and frustration very well, even if it did get a little repetitive in the reel. I was worried that, like the two actors above, he might be overshadowed by Camila Banus. But they went toe-to-toe, and brought out the best in each other. Full disclosure: I'm a Days fan and would love for Freddie to pick up a win for playing such a historically significant character on the show.

Tequan Richmond - Hmmm. I'm torn. For the first few minutes of his reel, I was transfixed by those eyes! So expressive, so present, so in-the-moment. Then at the 5:50 mark he collapses in the scene and I can't tell whether that choice was really good or really bad. To me that moment (the most important moment in the scene) felt a bit hokey. But he's very good in the rest of it. He also has the longest reel, it tells a full story, and he is not overshadowed by anyone. My gut feeling: if people connect with that one moment, then the rest of the reel is gravy, and he wins. If people think that it detracts from the reel, it could cost him. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it might cost him, giving Freddie the advantage. But it really could go either way.

1. Freddie Smith
2. Tequan Richmond
3. Bryan Craig
4. Max Ehrich

thepadange
Member Avatar

I can't play the reels. I see 00.00 everywhere and the text says" there are no videos at this time, please check back later". And my phone restarts. Anyone else having the same problem?
Edited by thepadange, Apr 5 2015, 07:02 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

GHFan738

thepadange
Apr 5 2015, 06:58 PM
I can't play the reels. I see 00.00 everywhere and the text says" there are no videos at this time, please check back later". And my phone restarts. Anyone else having the same problem?
I just checked and they played fine. Are you outside the states? If so, that might be the problem.

thepadange
Member Avatar

GHFan738
Apr 5 2015, 08:19 PM
thepadange
Apr 5 2015, 06:58 PM
I just checked and they played fine. Are you outside the states? If so, that might be the problem.
Yes, I am. It may be the case but what I see on my screen is very untypical for videos with geographical restrictions. It's like some kind of software incompatibility. Well, maybe it's both :( .
Edited by thepadange, Apr 6 2015, 11:16 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Restless84
Member Avatar

Supporting Actor reels are up.

lysie

I'm watching the Emmy reels. Just watched younger actor. I think Freddie's is the best, and Tequan's is next. I don't think Camila overshadows him at all actually (it's kind of weird. They're both good in the scene, but the scene itself plays kind of awkwardly...IDK how to explain it). I think all three of the other actors are overshadowed. Tequan is overshadowed the least of the other three, though.

I don't know enough about any of these actors to know how politics will come into play. My guess would be that the GH actors would cancel each other out, and a Y&R actor always seems more likely to win, but I do think Freddie has the best reel.

lysie

Well, the younger actress category is WAYYYYYY better than the younger actor. I think performance-wise it's between Camila and Haley, but Hunter's was fine, too. Kristen's was terrible. I'm not a big fan of exposition, but Camila may be an exception. Maybe it's because we didn't really see any of that play out? I'm not sure. I didn't think Haley got overshadowed in hers, but I think she's at a bit of a disadvantage because of her age.

Again, I don't know too much about politics in this category. I'd think the two GH actresses should cancel each other out, but I know KA has OLTL support as well. Hunter King seems to be the favorite, but Camila and Haley's reels are definitely better.

lysie

Supporting Actor - Scott Clifton's reel would have worked better as Darin Brooks' reel. Chad Duell's started like it was a reel for Maura West, but as soon as she stepped out, he took over and it was really good. It helped that he was so much better than MB. I hate Kristoff St. John's reel. The flashbacks really screw with it. I also didn't think he was very good at all anyway. Jacob Young's was fine. Didn't care for the flashbacks there either, though I think they were better than the ones in KSJ's reel..Camila had flashbacks too, but since she was talking over them, it didn't really take away from the moment). I think Chad Duell's reel was best.

I'd think the B&B actors would count each other out, leaving it between CD and KSJ. CD's reel was best.

lysie

Supporting actress - ugh. Linsey Godfrey's reel is part of Jacob Young's reel, so that was immediately boring for me. She's not bad at all in this, but she also doesn't particularly stand out. Amelia Heinle's was fine, but would have been a better reel for what's his name. Elizabeth Hendrickson's was fine, too, but not being familiar with Y&R kind of made it just eh for me. I liked Finola Hughes' reel. I don't really have any complaints about it, but I wasn't blown away either..which isn't necessarily a bad thing so far. I don't love Lisa Locicero's reel. She's not bad in it, but it's just not soapy.

So I think Finola has the best reel. I'd expect Y&R and GH to cancel each other out, though.

I know she was just part of the big reveal, but in general how do people feel about Maya on B&B?

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
^ My face watching DAYS

Is there anyway for Canadians to view these?

None of them are working...they are just blank black boxes with play buttons.

GHFan738

Lead Actor has been added.

I'm not sure what to do for people outside of the U.S. Sorry.

GHFan738

Lead Actress has been added.

lysie

I don't have time to watch these right now but I think it's hilarious that Ali's reel is 25 minutes long and Peggy's is 4. The average is about 10.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I've watched a few categories. In Younger Actress, I liked Haley's reel but for some reason, I didn't feel the emotional punch that I did from watching Camila's reel. Kristen's reel did nothing for me, mainly because the other character in her scene (Michael) annoyed the shit out of me to the point where I could barely stand to watch it. Hunter had a nice reel as well.

For Supporting Actress, Finola's is the one that made me snap to attention. Lisa did very well too but her scene was a little silly and that MAY work against her. Linsey was overshadowed by others in the scene, most notably Jacob Young. Liz and Amelia - understated performances that worked for me.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply