Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Neighbours Discussion; It's not British, but let's discuss it anyway!
Topic Started: Apr 5 2015, 05:36 PM (293 Views)
badaddiction
Member Avatar

I really need a place to discuss the Australian soap Neighbours. How about you?

Question for those who are currently watching the show... Is it me or was the show really pushing the Daniel/Imogen as today's Harold and Madge? Also, am I alone in thinking that Imogen was NOT hallucinating when Daniel said that their ordeal made him realize that he actually loves her too?

Although I hate Matt's storyline - i.e., his male ego leading to the family's current situation, I can't with Lauren'e judgmental attitude.

I don't know whether to remain excited over Brennan and Naomi, or cringe at the thought of him kicking her to the curb in favor of Paige.

Terese' brother Nick is a real scum bag. And definitely comes across as the nerd that none of the girls liked in high school...

I liked Tyler with Imogen, but not with Paige. They are too similar in personalities. Same goes for the dreadful pairing of Daniel and Amber. Until Daniel (HOPEFULLY) realizes what a prize Imogen is, I want her to get over him by dating Tyler.
Edited by badaddiction, Apr 5 2015, 07:07 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Nick is a great villain. Paul totally deserves the complete hell Nick has put him through. I won't spoil it for you, since you seem to be on UK pace.

Amber has always been awful. It was a great day when Josh was free of her.

Imogen is basically written as a loser in love. No one ever looks at her twice. The actress kind of hit the ground running when she debuted with her bulimia story.

And, of course, the wonderfully soapy hot mess that is Therese/Brad/Lauren/Matt has been must see since they all came onto the show. The actress that plays Lauren, in particular, is fantastic.

I'm more in favour of Brennan/Naomi as well. I wonder if her and Paige will end swapping brothers?

Also, Neighbours schooled everyone in how to properly celebrate an anniversary.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Re: Nick

If I'm really excited about a storyline, I have a tendency to cheat and watch the most recent episodes on YouTube. So, I am aware of what Nick does in relation to Paul.

Gawd, I can't believe you think the actress that portrays Lauren is very talented. I find her rather bland and somewhat two dimensional. Or maybe it's the character. She always seems somewhat dour even during happy times. Outside of Terese' being bitchy at times, I really couldn't see why Brad would choose Lauren over her.

If I had my wish, the show would bring on a more dynamic male for Naomi instead of recycling Brennan who - while good looking - isn't energetic or worldly-wise enough for her.

I'm really hope your description of Imogen is not how the show intends to play out her storyline in the future. She deserves so much more. And like I said upthread, there has to be a reason the show made a point of having ghost Madge compare Imogen/Daniel to her and Harold.

Drew
Member Avatar

I'm not watching this currently (I did briefly a couple of years ago), but I just need to throw my love to the Aussie soaps out there.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

OK, after watching today's Ausralian paced episode, I'm convinced they are going the Daniel/Imogen route.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply