Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jason47's Weekly Thread: Week of 4/27-5/3; The countdown to Labor Day weekend begins...
Topic Started: Today, 1:02 AM (486 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

"DAYS OF OUR LIVES" FANS HAVE LOTS IN STORE AS THE SHOW NEARS ITS 50TH ANNIVERSARY IN NOVEMBER...AND THE COUNTDOWN TO LABOR DAY WEEKEND BEGINS...

Posted Image

For those who have missed the headlines over the past few months, here's what "Days of Our Lives" fans can expect as the show nears its 50th anniversary in November. Eileen Davidson wraps up her guest stint as Kristen; Molly Burnett's (Melanie) six-month return comes to a close; Patsy Pease (Kimberly) and Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe) make return visits; and Melissa Archer (Serena) and Freddie Smith (Sonny) say farewell.

Beginning in late August and continuing thereafter, the storylines from new head writers Dena Higley and Josh Griffith are set to begin. Judi Evans (Adrienne) and Wally Kurth (Justin) are back on contract for the first time since 1991. James Lastovic makes his debut as the now-teenaged Joey Johnson (son of Steve & Kayla). Camila Banus returns as Gabi, who is released from prison. Alison Sweeney (Sami) just confirmed her return, with script in hand, for later in the year. And two of the most anticipated returns are set to happen around Labor Day: Stephen Nichols (Steve) and Peter Reckell (Bo) are back in action! And that's only the beginning...
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DJsMommy
Member Avatar
Just one look...

Yay! Thanks Jason!

Will you give us a hint (or tell me outright :blulaugh: ) if Paul Telfer will still be around come Labor Day? :blowkiss:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

DJsMommy
Apr 27 2015, 01:12 AM
Yay! Thanks Jason!

Will you give us a hint (or tell me outright :blulaugh: ) if Paul Telfer will still be around come Labor Day? :blowkiss:
No hints, sorry, but you gave it a good try.

T-Love74
Member Avatar

Jason, are you sure Judi Evans is back on contract?

lysie
Member Avatar

T-Love74
Apr 27 2015, 01:39 AM
It was in SOD this week. But I also heard about it earlier this week.

Mary Beth is too. I guess no one is ever going to announce that, lol.

T-Love74
Member Avatar

lysie
Apr 27 2015, 01:41 AM
T-Love74

OMG, Mary Beth, too! This is great!! 😊

Hugo
Member Avatar

Thanks for the recap, Jason!

Labor Day is Monday September 7, so I say Reckell and Nichols return during the first 2 weeks of September.

Hugo
Member Avatar

lysie
T-Love74

Thanks for the good news lysie!

I'm a bit sad that Bryan Dattilo is left out but I guess I understand why, he's not part of a supercouple like the others, unless Ali Sweeney returns for good.

Also John Aniston should be under contract but he probably doesn't care since he's been recurring for the past 16 years.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Holy shit! I didn't know Mary Beth Evans was back on contract. Awesome news!

esp13
Member Avatar

I was wondering when that bit of news would come out. ;)

am103
Member Avatar

lysie
OMG! This just made my entire day! Great news.

Marlene

Hugo
Apr 27 2015, 04:42 AM
lysie
T-Love74

Thanks for the good news lysie!

I'm a bit sad that Bryan Dattilo is left out but I guess I understand why, he's not part of a supercouple like the others, unless Ali Sweeney returns for good.

Also John Aniston should be under contract but he probably doesn't care since he's been recurring for the past 16 years.

It's my understanding that contracts have been offered to JA in the past but he'd rather be recurring and not have the commitment. The show uses him as if he's on contract.

Thrilled to hear about MBE, too. And let's just be patient. We may hear something about BD soon, too.

lysie
Member Avatar

esp13
Apr 27 2015, 09:44 AM
I was wondering when that bit of news would come out. ;)
Midnight on a night I was exhausted seems about right.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I think BD is already on contract, but that's just based on the fact that Higley tweeted about Wally, Judi, and Bryan specifically and the first two have already been announced.

I'm kinda shocked about Mary Beth Evans for some reason, but great news! Really really happy.

I wonder if PR or SN are on contract. I guess it wouldn't matter if they were or not because they could just be 6 month contracts, so it could mean anything.

ShaneDOOLFan

Mary Beth back on contract? AMAZING! This show has all the powerhouse actors to drive story. Now we just need good stories!

ShaneDOOLFan

I hope we get some true surprise, unannounced returns.

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply