Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Scream
Topic Started: Jul 1 2015, 12:08 AM (201 Views)
Drew
Member Avatar

Did anyone else watch the premiere?

I'm onboard so far. Decent cast.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Didn't get to catch it last night. I plan on watching tonight or tomorrow onDemand.

am103
Member Avatar

I liked it. The opening scene was great and it did a good job introducing the characters. However, I find a couple of them to be absolutely intolerable and am hoping they get killed off soon, lol.

The only thing I'm really not sure I like is the backstory with the coroner/"Daisy". The whole Brandon James thing stuck out to me as weird just because it is SO different from the Scream movies (and I get that that's the point). That whole backstory gave me Friday the 13th vibes.

All in all, pretty good! The preview for the rest of the season looks amazing! I'll definitely be watching.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Are there any connections to the movie?

am103
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jul 1 2015, 03:43 PM
Are there any connections to the movie?
No direct connections no, just subtle "throwbacks". They didn't mention any characters or events from the movie or anything. But, there was a scene in a classroom where the teacher and the students discussed television/film (and slasher movies as TV series). There was also a scene involving a garage, but I don't want to give anything away. So I suppose the connections are there, they're just very, very subtle.

I think the thing that's going to be the hardest to get used to is that the Ghostface mask is different. It's still creepy, just not what I was expecting.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

While the Scream elements were definitely there, and I appreciated them, this does feel more like Friday the 13th.

Drew
Member Avatar

Different mask, no Roger Jackson voice. There were nods. The biggest was probably the communal scene on the school yard echoing the fountain scene in Scream 1 and 4.

The past character red herring is definitely a little pre-"Jason" Jason.

It's obviously not the movies, but so far I still think it's worth a shot. Also great seeing Tracy Middendorf again, aka the "bad" Carrie Brady.

King
Member Avatar

The show isn't too good but there were some good developments this week.

am103
Member Avatar

King
Aug 27 2015, 01:10 PM
The show isn't too good but there were some good developments this week.
It's definitely not as good as the movies, but I do like that the weekly showing allows you to get more attached to the characters. And I agree that it took longer than it should have for the show to really find its stride.

I liked the finale. I didn't figure out who the killer was until they mentioned his/her name in the beginning of the episode. And that cliffhanger? I'll definitely be checking out season 2.

Drew
Member Avatar

Didn't like the season now that it's all over.

Not enough death. They did what they said in the pilot for why a series can't work .... saving everything for the finale party and a lot of filler before it.

Killer was obvious. Audrey was clear when she wasn't killed, I don't get why they even tried the fake out. Everyone lived. Blah.

King
Member Avatar

Definitely not enough death, and yeah the killer was obvious. And I suspected Audrey for a while too. Everything became very obvious in the finale.

For a show that is going to have a whole new cast next season (I think?), there sure were a lot of Survivors…? I wonder if the whole season should have like taken place over a few days like the first movie, allowing for more people to die without it all going so public.

I liked the finale. It was suspenseful. I wish the whole season was like that.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply