Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Confirmed! Michael Easton Out At GH
Topic Started: Jul 29 2015, 08:50 AM (2,405 Views)
GHFan738

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2015/07/29/confirmed-michael-easton-out-at-general-hospital-exclusive
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

Completely fine by me. What I just don't get, however, is why they bothered to renew his contract earlier in the year only to do fuck-all with him and let him go 6 months or so later.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Terrible character from the beginning. There was nothing to him. And there hasn't been since.

GHFan738

Mason
Jul 29 2015, 08:53 AM
Completely fine by me. What I just don't get, however, is why they bothered to renew his contract earlier in the year only to do fuck-all with him and let him go 6 months or so later.
I wondered if it might have only been a 6 month extension, because they needed him for the Ava return.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar

FINALLY!!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

John McBain worked very well on GH. It sucks they couldn't keep him there. They should've just made Silas a cop as well.

Mason

DrewHamilton
Jul 29 2015, 10:47 AM
John McBain worked very well on GH. It sucks they couldn't keep him there. They should've just made Silas a cop as well.
I thought it was good that Silas was a doctor (there need to be more connections to the hospital). The problem was, Silas as an individual character was boring as hell, and after they ended the Silas/Sam relationship, they clearly had no clue what to do with him at that point.

livelikemusic
Member Avatar

There is hope in this world! Easton is such a one-note actor, and I never liked Silas Clay!

livelikemusic
Member Avatar

Mason
I heard he chose to leave, but I may be wrong.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Nothing against the actor, but Silas was deadweight and needed to go. I'm hoping that some of the other deadweight/Ron's pets go soon as well.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

Howarth, Stafford & West next, please.

livelikemusic
Member Avatar

AllmyDaysatGh
Jul 29 2015, 12:08 PM
West should stay, but only if they're able to bring back the confident Ava; not this scared woman of a shell she's become. Maura is a top-notch actress, and deserves to be treated as such.

Mason

Getting rid of Maura West would be a horrible, idiotic mistake. They struck gold when they cast her as Ava. True, Ava's storyline this year has been a disaster, but that's not West's fault, and there's still plenty of value in the character if they can just write her out of the corner she's been stuck in.

Also, I'm not totally on board the axe Stafford train, either. Stafford's got the talent to do more than what she's been given; Nina just needs a total overhaul if she's ever going to be viable as a long-term character. If they have no intention of doing this, however, then I'm fine with her going.

At this point, if I can just be rid of Franco and Kiki, I'll be content enough.

LPS
Member Avatar

AllmyDaysatGh
Jul 29 2015, 12:08 PM
ITA! I keep hearing how they are great actors but they don't fit in GH, IMO.

Stafford is an overrated actress resting on her skills from the 90s. West does nothing for me. Loved her on ATWT but she can't play a bitch effectively. Something about the way she mouthed her word.

I know a lot of people hate Kiki, but for the amount of airtime she gets and the role her character plays, I'm indifferent.
Edited by LPS, Jul 29 2015, 12:44 PM.

Councillor
Member Avatar

Hooray! Bye bye, Silas! Won't miss you. :jedi:

Great news! :cheer: :cheers: :applause: :wizard:

Quote:

They are great additions to the cast of GH, but their characters need to develop some more interesting aspects - and their stories need to stop turning out like a total disaster.
Edited by Councillor, Jul 29 2015, 01:43 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar

Good start. I liked Easton as John McBain and he fit real well on GH but once that ended that should've been it.

I agree that getting rid of West would be a horrible mistake. Just end the horrible story she is in and that would help.

I would get rid of Stafford tho. I just don't see any value in keeping her around. The show needs to make cuts somewhere and I would prefer they cut characters like her. I would definitely cut Howarth.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Like the actor not the character.

I think with the others, the writers need to integrate them more into Port Charles. I always felt that they were a totally different part of the show.

Jenn77

Mason
Silas kind of tanked outside of the Siam pairing. Ron liked him so I sort of wonder if the contract was more to buy time to try to make him work. The plan seemed to be to pair him up with Ava but I never saw a big demand for that pairing. There was probably a six month out in his contract or something.

Dakota
Member Avatar
X-Files-Mulder & Scully

It was time, the character of Silas was a snooze fest, but John McBain had potential, but then it may possibility mean that Natalie Buchanan would show up, nope do not want to see that. Since Ron is out, it is not surprising.

Mason

Jenn77
Jul 29 2015, 04:34 PM
Mason
Silas kind of tanked outside of the Siam pairing. Ron liked him so I sort of wonder if the contract was more to buy time to try to make him work. The plan seemed to be to pair him up with Ava but I never saw a big demand for that pairing. There was probably a six month out in his contract or something.
I could possibly buy into that theory except that they really didn't do anything with him in that time. He kidnapped Avery and saved Ava's life. His story in 2015 took place within the expanse of a week, lol.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply