Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Preview 2/8/16
Topic Started: Feb 5 2016, 05:28 PM (2,383 Views)
jane31

http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/video/weekly-preview-2816/2979592?onid=137311#vc137311=1

https://youtu.be/xaSTKFZOAmg
Edited by jane31, Feb 5 2016, 06:41 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lbchatterbox
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting. That's it? looks underwhelming. I guess I'm burned out on this story line and it didn't tell me anything the spoilers already haven't.

Lovejm
Member Avatar

Where do I send my no more Hope petition? I need a break.

PALMommy
Member Avatar

Blech! Simply riveting.

cord08
Member Avatar

I'm sorry, but TP's acting seems worse than usual in that promo.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

Rope is the new Fetch.

:bedtime:

sitrian
Member Avatar

Honestly, I hate the Hope story more than I hate Steve and Ava. That's a lot of hate.

cord08
Member Avatar

sitrian
Feb 5 2016, 05:45 PM
Honestly, I hate the Hope story more than I hate Steve and Ava. That's a lot of hate.
Yeah, I think I could hate it less if Hope wasn't on so much. That's been the only positive of the Steve/Ava crap -- it's not on that often.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar

Makes it look better than it actually will be.

Here is my issue. The show has a budget. That's fine and understood. But, with the budget as it is, that limits the kind of stories they can do. That is one big reason why the Dimera's have become a joke. They can no longer do the schemes/plots/etc they used to do because the show simply can't afford to do them. The Dimera's were all about tunnels and grand, over the top island capers and such and for the last 10 years or so they have become so watered down because 1.) They are better off as lurkers/out of the shadow type villains and 2.) The budget essentially limits them and then you end up with situations like this where Andre goes after revenge in a lame ass way. This should be some HUGE, grand plan befitting the Dimera's but much like pretty much every Dimera scheme of the last decade, it will be some watered down nonsense that ends up going nowhere and blowing up in their faces making them look like morons.

This is why the show needs other villains. If Victor were still Victor, he would be good but he's not. You have Deimos now so, hopefully, that goes somewhere. This is where Clyde (as long as he's written under JG) could really be good now. You need villains that can be threatening while still walking among Salem. Villains that don't need to be globetrotting, over the top, mustache-twirling caricatures. I think that is one reason why the show keeps trying to fill the canvas with "grey" characters and that isn't a bad strategy if you do it right and make it interesting, it can work but even then you can't overdo it.

WillFan
Member Avatar

https://youtu.be/xaSTKFZOAmg

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

Blah blah blah seriously where is the sexy characters ??? Where is the age group of 30 something ??? Hope, Andre, Rafe meh idiotic and super boring.

concerned
Member Avatar

The Scorpion
Feb 5 2016, 06:11 PM
Blah blah blah seriously where is the sexy characters ??? Where is the age group of 30 something ??? Hope, Andre, Rafe meh idiotic and super boring.
Age group of 30 something - that would be Theresa, Shawn, Belle and Phillip.

PetrovaSalvatore
Member Avatar

:yawnz: :yawnz: :yawnz:

PetrovaSalvatore
Member Avatar

concerned
Feb 5 2016, 06:16 PM
The Scorpion
If Belle and Philip getting on every week won't excite you than I don't know what else will from the 30 something group. Cause watching them get it on seems to be the only thing JG is interested in writing for them :x :puke: :puke: :puke:

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

concerned
The Scorpion

My answer, omg this show really miss a character / actor with sexy appeal. GV is gone, JS is gone :) :drunk:
Edited by The Scorpion, Feb 5 2016, 06:27 PM.

daysyrghfan
Member Avatar

concerned
The Scorpion
I think on the show Brady supposed to be in his late 30s too even though EM is what 44.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

PetrovaSalvatore
Feb 5 2016, 06:23 PM
concerned
The Scorpion
If Belle and Philip getting on every week won't excite you than I don't know what else will from the 30 something group. Cause watching them get it on seems to be the only thing JG is interested in writing for them :x :puke: :puke: :puke:
They are boring as hell is nothing exciting at all there :)

PetrovaSalvatore
Member Avatar

The Scorpion
Feb 5 2016, 06:33 PM
PetrovaSalvatore
concerned
The Scorpion
Amen to that!!! 🙌🏼🙌🏼

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

daysyrghfan
concerned
The Scorpion
I think on the show Brady supposed to be in his late 30s too even though EM is what 44.
And Brady is as exciting like nada nicht no. ugh an idiot character who gives nada of entertainment.

clubkylie
Member Avatar

PetrovaSalvatore
Feb 5 2016, 06:35 PM
The Scorpion
PetrovaSalvatore
concerned

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Amen to that!!! 🙌🏼🙌🏼
I wish they would focus on characters like JJ, Gabi, Lani and Paul: ones that are actually interesting (or could be if given more than 1 episode a week).

Belle is just a one-note bitch, and while I'm liking Phillip and Shawn so far, they're getting bogged down by NotMyBelle's hoeism.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply