Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
KIRSTEN STORMS BACK TO GH!
Topic Started: Jun 16 2016, 12:09 PM (1,186 Views)
GHFan738

KIRSTEN STORMS BACK TO GH!
June 16, 2016 12:18PM
Kirsten Storms
Credit: ABC
Kirsten Storms, who began a temporary leave from the role of GH’s Maxie in May, is headed back to Port Charles! A show rep confirms that the popular star “will return to GH and that viewers can expect to see her on air the first week of August.” Molly Burnett (ex-Melanie, DAYS) will be temporarily playing the role before Storms resumes taping.

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/kirsten-storms-back-to-gh/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lucky
Member Avatar

I'm thrilled to hear KS is doing better. Maxie is my favorite GH character, and no one can play her like KS can. I'm happy we won't have to wait too long to have her back.

Afenuch

Is Kirsten already taping? When are they on hiatus?

natdot99
Member Avatar

I think she has a eating disorder because she has been looking awful skinny on the show.

Afenuch

natdot99
Jun 16 2016, 06:59 PM
I think she has a eating disorder because she has been looking awful skinny on the show.
It was a skin issue, you could see a band aid on her face and that is why she was covering her hands with long sleeves

natdot99
Member Avatar

Afenuch
Jun 16 2016, 07:07 PM
natdot99
It was a skin issue, you could see a band aid on her face and that is why she was covering her hands with long sleeves

Sorry, this is not her first medical crisis. She went away for months a few years ago and Jen Liley took over her role and was hated by the fans.
I think KS has an eating disorder because she been looking like a skeleton these past few months and ED can cause skin issues because the body in not getting good calories to support the functioning of the skin.

GHFan738

Afenuch
Jun 16 2016, 06:51 PM
Is Kirsten already taping? When are they on hiatus?
They said she won't appear until August, so I don't think so yet since they tape between 3-5 weeks out. They just started back this week after a 2 week break.

GHFan738

natdot99
Jun 16 2016, 09:04 PM
Afenuch
natdot99

Sorry, this is not her first medical crisis. She went away for months a few years ago and Jen Liley took over her role and was hated by the fans.
I think KS has an eating disorder because she been looking like a skeleton these past few months and ED can cause skin issues because the body in not getting good calories to support the functioning of the skin.
If it was due to an eating disorder, I doubt she would be back so soon. She's going through a divorce and may not be eating well because of that. Give the woman a break.

natdot99
Member Avatar

GHFan738
Jun 16 2016, 09:39 PM
natdot99
Afenuch

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepIt was a skin issue, you could see a band aid on her face and that is why she was covering her hands with long sleeves

If it was due to an eating disorder, I doubt she would be back so soon. She's going through a divorce and may not be eating well because of that. Give the woman a break.

ED is a very serious mental and medical disorder and just like any other addictions, people have relapsed into old patterns. Her and Brandon stated the divorce was amicable and she shouldn't be under any distress. I guess i am the only noticing she been looking like a skeleton.

OliveAnn

natdot99
Jun 16 2016, 10:06 PM
GHFan738
natdot99

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepIt was a skin issue, you could see a band aid on her face and that is why she was covering her hands with long sleeves

ED is a very serious mental and medical disorder and just like any other addictions, people have relapsed into old patterns. Her and Brandon stated the divorce was amicable and she shouldn't be under any distress. I guess i am the only noticing she been looking like a skeleton.
Where do I start?

Even an amicable divorce can be a stressful one, especially if a child is involved. You have to split property with your ex-partner, you have to get your child used to the fact that it will be splitting weekends and holidays between its parents until its adulthood and even afterwards, there's even shame in knowing that you failed and couldn't make the marriage work, etc. Perople react to stress differently: peopel lose weight, their skin breaks out, their hair falls out, etc. It's all normal, even - I repeat - under amicable circumstances.

Eating disorder is not an addiction. Also, a relapse would take much longer to recover from than just a couple of weeks. So, I doubt that's the problem here.
Edited by OliveAnn, Jun 17 2016, 02:32 AM.

Afenuch

OliveAnn
Jun 17 2016, 02:30 AM
natdot99
Jun 16 2016, 10:06 PM
GHFan738

Where do I start?

Even an amicable divorce can be a stressful one, especially if a child is involved. You have to split property with your ex-partner, you have to get your child used to the fact that it will be splitting weekends and holidays between its parents until its adulthood and even afterwards, there's even shame in knowing that you failed and couldn't make the marriage work, etc. Perople react to stress differently: peopel lose weight, their skin breaks out, their hair falls out, etc. It's all normal, even - I repeat - under amicable circumstances.

Eating disorder is not an addiction. Also, a relapse would take much longer to recover from than just a couple of weeks. So, I doubt that's the problem here.
OliveAnn, I couldn't agree more for all the reasons you said amicable or not. A divorce is like a death -very stressful. Kirsten's skin issues were discussed on GMA the day after it was trending online.

I don't think Kirsten looks any skinnier than Becky. When she was replaced years ago it was due to endometriosis, she was very open about it. I don't think it's an ED.
Edited by Afenuch, Jun 17 2016, 05:08 AM.

nananana7
Member Avatar

During times of stress, the human body focuses more on "fight-or-flight" (survival) aspects and it decreases its attention to the less urgent systems.

The human body has an increase in certain hormones during times of intense stress. These stress hormones can have a systemic effect on the body.

Blood sugar and blood pressure can be affected. Even in people who don't have diabetes or hypertension, there can still be some small temporary effects.

Stress can worsen inflammatory conditions.

Stress can affect the nervous system, triggering responses in skin cells.

As a result of any or all of these factors, stress can sometimes cause ordinary skin conditions such as acne or psoriasis to have severe breakouts. It can take several weeks, or even a few months to stabilize after this.
Edited by nananana7, Jun 17 2016, 08:02 AM.

natdot99
Member Avatar

I knowing that we are getting a little off topic with KS issue, but i wand to make a few points and end the subject.
ED are addictions just like substance abuse. The protocols must have relapse procedures in place if the patient goes back to old patterns and will not commit to treatment plans. The cost to treat ED at some private facilities in estimated to cost around $30,000 per month, and some comply and some don't with treatment. Karen Carpenter eating disorder began when the studio complained she was too fat, but despite being 5 feet two inches, she began her ED to please the record executives. Judy Garland was told by movie executives that she was too fat at 110 pounds and they wanted her to weigh 90 pounds despite being a grown woman.

nananana7
Member Avatar

natdot99
Jun 17 2016, 08:29 AM
I knowing that we are getting a little off topic with KS issue, but i want to make a few points and end the subject.
ED are addictions just like substance abuse. The protocols must have relapse procedures in place if the patient goes back to old patterns and will not commit to treatment plans. The cost to treat ED at some private facilities in estimated to cost around $30,000 per month, and some comply and some don't with treatment. Karen Carpenter eating disorder began when the studio complained she was too fat, but despite being 5 feet two inches, she began her ED to please the record executives. Judy Garland was told by movie executives that she was too fat at 110 pounds and they wanted her to weigh 90 pounds despite being a grown woman.

I agree that this is off topic from KS. But important information in general regarding EDs.

Ultimately we don't know what's happening with KS, other than the statement she released about her skin condition.

Drew
Member Avatar

This all seems to be a case of "None of our business" if I ever heard one.

kay
Kay

Kirsten lost weight after having her daughter. She does not look like a skeleton. She is thin but not excessively skinny. I believe her when she said she had skin issues because I noticed her makeup on her face made her pale and pasty looking so I wondered if they were trying to cover up facial acne or breakouts. Then I noticed her hands seemed red in a few scenes before she started wearing long sleeves (Maxie always wears sleeveless dresses or shorter sleeved tops but lately had been wearing jackets or long sleeves. I know stress can cause adult acne because I went through it a few years ago. I am glad she is returning so quickly. I figured she would be gone longer than a month.

Afenuch

kay
Jun 18 2016, 10:09 AM
Kirsten lost weight after having her daughter. She does not look like a skeleton. She is thin but not excessively skinny. I believe her when she said she had skin issues because I noticed her makeup on her face made her pale and pasty looking so I wondered if they were trying to cover up facial acne or breakouts. Then I noticed her hands seemed red in a few scenes before she started wearing long sleeves (Maxie always wears sleeveless dresses or shorter sleeved tops but lately had been wearing jackets or long sleeves. I know stress can cause adult acne because I went through it a few years ago. I am glad she is returning so quickly. I figured she would be gone longer than a month.
She even was seen with a band aid on her face as well. I have a picture of it but can't figure out how to post it here :shrug:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply