Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Social Media for the Week of 8/1
Topic Started: Aug 1 2016, 12:43 AM (42,751 Views)
Hugo

laurondo
Aug 2 2016, 01:26 PM
If fans don't want condescending tweets directed at them, don't say shitty things to the actors :shrug:
There was no insult in that tweet.
Those fans tweeting her are the show's customers, it's just not smart to reply things to make them angry and more willing to give up on the show.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jamiesims918

Restless84
Aug 1 2016, 11:28 PM
Cute picture of Marci with her husband. Notice Casey Moss's almost naked photo is on the phone, lol.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIlgPUbA9-5/

Posted Image
They are cute! I want to double date with them...
Offline Profile Goto Top

laurondo
Member Avatar

Hugo
Aug 2 2016, 01:56 PM
laurondo
If fans don't want condescending tweets directed at them, don't say shitty things to the actors :shrug:
Those fans tweeting her are the show's customers, it's just not smart to reply things to make them angry and more willing to give up on the show.
If it makes them angry when the actor responds back negatively, then maybe they shouldn't be sending them messages like that.

For all we know KA has been getting these messages non-stop and she was finally sick of it so she responded.

Don't send rude messages to actors and expect them to be kind to you. :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

laurondo
Member Avatar

funone
Aug 2 2016, 01:49 PM
laurondo
Of course. But the actors can also choose how to react to such statements. It's their own fault if they take the bait.
Same goes for the fans, too, though. Go ahead and send them messages like that if that's your thing (not you, obviously. people in general), but don't be surprised when they react the way they do.
Offline Profile Goto Top

funone
Member Avatar

laurondo
Aug 2 2016, 03:00 PM
funone
Aug 2 2016, 01:49 PM
laurondo
Of course. But the actors can also choose how to react to such statements. It's their own fault if they take the bait.
Same goes for the fans, too, though. Go ahead and send them messages like that if that's your thing (not you, obviously. people in general), but don't be surprised when they react the way they do.
They can react however they want it's their choice. But, it's their public persona in my opinion that is at stake, not the fans. Life was so much better before social media.
Edited by funone, Aug 2 2016, 03:17 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

funone
Member Avatar

To be honest, I think KA's comments when compared to others (Thaao, Deidre, Crystal C.) Are not something to get upset about. I'm just thinking on a broader spectrum.
Offline Profile Goto Top

cord08
Member Avatar

Honestly, I thought KA's tweet was pretty benign as far as Twitter clap-backs go.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lovejm

KA has had a bad pattern of inflaming things though and that's what I think makes this stand out. The pro Haiden stuff the last few years, the horrendous fanwanking of things that never come across on camera. I agree fans cross the line at times but she chooses the oddest things to reply to.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lovejm

cord08
Aug 2 2016, 03:24 PM
Honestly, I thought KA's tweet was pretty benign as far as Twitter clap-backs go.
Yea the response itself wasn't bad but as I mentioned above its more what she chooses to respond to for me.
Offline Profile Goto Top

funone
Member Avatar

In more important news. Instagram is trying to be snapchat and I hate it!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar
Garcy <3

[twitter=AlisonLou2/status/760489497008013312]

Offline Profile Goto Top

WillFan
Member Avatar

[twitter=BradEYoung/status/760557979338887169]
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

[twitter=BradEYoung/status/760575037128609792]
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

laurondo
In this case, I don't think the tweeter was intentionally trying to tweet KA with their criticism of the recent writing for Hope. It's more a case of not removing an actor from being tagged in an ongoing conversation. I'm not saying that leaving an actor in when there's a discussion involving criticisms is a good idea. I'm simply pointing out that there doesn't appear to have been any intentional "hating" directed at Kristian in this particular tweet.
Offline Profile Goto Top

StevelovesKayla
Member Avatar

Hugo
Aug 2 2016, 01:56 PM
laurondo
When I am criticizing the show & its writing, which I do often, I don't include the actor playing the role in the tweet because then it insinuates that the actor has something to do with it/is responsible.

If they are talking about the writing- there's no need to tag that actor.

-If someone was bashing my favorite character/actor/something they knew I enjoyed...and tagged me in the post, I would assume they wanted a reaction from me or were targeting the insult for my attention. If I was doing my job and someone tagged me in an insulting post about the company I worked for, same thing. It wouldn't be a huge "jump" for an actor to assume the same- that if they are tagged in a tweet, the person tweeting wanted to personally direct it at them.

I have no problem with the criticism of the show in that tweet to KA- I agree with them. Tagging KA was not necessary however, and I can understand why she felt that was a personal criticism. Whether intentional or not, the tagging of KA was the issue that brought on a response. Did KA have to respond? Maybe not. But I didn't see her posting in anger. A lot of people are assuming the intent behind her post. It could easily have been a simple/mild reminder to be kind- like what her previous tweet was about. She sure gets a lot of crap from viewers-from all sides.

It never fails to amaze me what people assume about actors/people they don't know, based on a tweet or two.
Edited by StevelovesKayla, Aug 2 2016, 04:14 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jules

Deirdre just posted a pic of her and MM from today on FB.
Edited by jules, Aug 2 2016, 04:19 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ShaneDOOLFan
Member Avatar

[twitter=DeidreHall/status/760580484564824064]

She just spoiled a Belle return/appearance. Looks dressed for a funeral?
Offline Profile Goto Top

GoneGirl
Member Avatar

She must have already taken it down.
Offline Profile Goto Top

StevelovesKayla
Member Avatar

ShaneDOOLFan
Aug 2 2016, 04:18 PM

And Martha just posted this ...

[twitter=Marth27/status/760584538548539392]
Edited by StevelovesKayla, Aug 2 2016, 04:20 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Inara Serra
Member Avatar
Anyway, this works fine. Honey, you look horrific.

ShaneDOOLFan
Aug 2 2016, 04:18 PM

The FB post/pic was removed - that was quick!
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic